Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring is HERE!

Yesterday we enjoyed a fun time at the park with Miss Emersyn. I had hoped to get some cute pictures of her sitting in the grass but every time we sat her down in the grass, she FREAKED out!! I think the grass was kind of cold on her bare chubby legs. I think she was getting tired too so that never helps.








I love this little bonnet!

Taking a snooze after a long day of playing and having fun!
Last night we had some family friends over for dinner. I made a BBQ Chicken Salad that is really delicious, I copied the recipe from Cheesecake Factory. Not officially or anything, just observed what was in the salad and then duplicated it. I have written out my recipe below.

Emersyn's Tio and Tia

Tia Julie is going to give Emersyn some swimming lessons in their pool this summer so that Emers will be all ready for Hawaii. I can't wait!! How cute will Emersyn be in a little swimsuit!?!?
My mom is still here for a couple more days. I will be sad to say goodbye but the good news is, she will be back in June!
BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
Boneless Chicken Breasts, 1 per person, Grilled with BBQ Sauce (we marinate the breasts overnight in a little olive oil and BBQ sauce)
Lettuce (I use a mixture of green leaf lettuce and iceberg)
Corn (sweet organic corn from Costco is the best!!)
Black Beans
Jicama cut into small cubes
Cucumber
Red Onion
Fried Onions (the ones that go on top of green bean casseroles) to garnish on top
Diced Avocado
Tomatos
Use as little or as much of ingredients as you like, you can't go wrong!
Dressing:
equal parts BBQ Sauce & Ranch Dressing (we use Hidden Valley's Light Ranch)
Toss and enjoy!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds yummy! Very cute pictures and I love the bonnet!

girl said...

Adorable bonnet! Where'd you get it? Also, my class is done in 2 1/2 weeks!!! Should we put something on the calendar?

Anonymous said...

The bonnet is super cute! Can't wait to get pictures of them together :)

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

She looks so sweet in that bonnet.