Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Car Seat

Watching Daddy unwrap Emersyn's new car seat.
"It's comfy!"


When we bought Emersyn's infant seat, we paid a little extra and got the seat that goes all the way to 30lbs, thinking we would not have to get a convertable car seat for awhile. What we did not anticipate, however, was that Emersyn would be our long legged lady! She is only a couple inches away from outgrowing her beloved Chicco car seat. We will wait until the last possible minute to install this car seat, I still love the portability of the infant seat, how it locks into a base and so easily transfers into a shopping cart or the snap'n'go stroller.

I found this carseat at Albeebaby.com. It is $100 off the normal price, score!!! I didn't set out to buy a Britax but I know that they are the top of the line and Emersyn's safety and comfort are a top priority for us. Plus, we like to be in the car, go on drives, little road trips, etc. I am really happy about our purchase. It isn't gender neutral like we had intended but if our next baby is a boy, we can buy a new cover for it for $50. I like that it is girly though. :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

I have a Britax for Spencer, and it's the best! She actually has the same one you bought Emersyn!

Kara said...

Very nice seat! However, you're supposed to keep her rear-facing until she's a year old and 20 lbs right? That is what I have read, I believe..

Anonymous said...

Which Britax is it? Mine's a Marathon and it goes rear facing and forward facing. We have to have the passenger seat up a little further than we would like because it's so big, but that's ok. I've seen some Mom's who think kids need to stay rear facing until they are like 2 or 3. I'm gonna switch Riley over as soon as he turns 1. I know he will enjoy riding in the car more if he doesn't feel like he's alone. Cute seat!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and I LOVE the new picture!

mosaicmama said...

i got a used girly cover for sanji's seat but haven't even put it on yet. we were going to switch her fwd on her birthday but haven't had a chance to go to segal's to have them do it.
britax is worth the investment, both the kids had them and we never considered another brand!