Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Daddy Date & Failed BBQ

On Monday, Emersyn and her daddy went on a little date together to a beautiful park not too far from my work. On their way to the park, they stopped by my work and brought me one of my favorite drinks, a sweet peach tea from Sonic. So sweet of them and I loved the 5 minute snuggle that I got to have with my baby girl.

Here are a couple pics of Emers at the park...



When I got home from work, we decided to have a bbq at another amazing nearby park, a park I am considering having Emersyn’s first birthday bbq at! My parents gave us this darling little grill before they moved to Minnesota and we haven’t had a chance to use it yet. We loaded up with burgers, condiments, etc. and headed to the park, which is only about 5 minutes away.

When we got to the park, we played a little bit while the sun was still up and shining and then headed over to the grass to fire up the grill. We got everything set up, put the burgers on the grill, seasoned them with our all time favorite seasoning (Montreal’s Steak Seasoning), and then Brett realized something that we had forgotten, something extremely vital to a successful bbq……utensils. We had brought ZERO utensils, nothing to spread mayo, eat potato salad with, and most importantly, FLIP BURGERS with!!! We racked our brains, is there anything we could improvise with?!?! Nothing. We did try to flip the burgers with a key but it did not work. L Sad story, huh?

Trying to flip the burger with a key. Not so much.
The good news, we got some cute pictures of Emersyn playing prior to the failed BBQ attempt.




See her two little teeth?? I love her.

"Wow Mommy! I can't wait go down this when I am a big girl"

"For now, I can go down with Daddy."
My little diva. :)

Deliciously chubby legs.
After we got home, Daddy bbq’d some burgers for us and we gave Emersyn some of an apple bran muffin.

I think she liked, it what do you think?
Yesterday we went to the Tulip Festival in Woodburn. Pictures coming tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did she sit on the Grass?

Grammy