Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Easter Bunny Visit!!!!

Someone likes the Easter Bunny!!!!!
(Click on the picture to make it bigger and see her sweet smile)
Yesterday we took Emersyn for her first "portrait" photography session at JC Penney. We invested in a nicer camera before Emersyn was born, in hopes of avoiding the costly portrait packages that I know I have no will power to say no too. However, while chatting with a good and frugal friend of mine who took her daughter in for pics with a coupon, I decided to make an appt. I came armed with a coupon and several outfit changes, as well as Emersyn's Daddy, her number one favorite person to smile at, and Mallory the Monkey, the other love of her life. We got the CUTEST pictures, seriously. Emersyn was very smiley and happy and we got some adorable pics in her Easter dress, some bunny ears (thank you Target $1 bin) with pink bloomers over her diaper, and then a cute Spring outfit with a darling little pink hat we got her the other day at the outlets. And by we, I mean Grammy and Grandpa. :)
Since this was our first experience, I had no idea that you ordered the pictures right then and there. I was also not prepared for the intense sales pitch, one that almost made me equate the quality of my mothering to the amount that I was willing to spend on these portraits!!!!!!!!! The sales rep casually showed us portrait packages that started at $80 and went up to $300!! They are making a killing on these pictures, I know how much it costs to print an 8x10 at Costco!! Less then TWO DOLLARS!!! We had a coupon for $3.99/sheet plus a free 8x10 and free sitting fee. My parents ordered a couple pics and we ordered some and after a near anxiety attack by my husband who hates having to make decisions on the spot, we concluded our ordering and were $60 poorer then when we came in. I would have loved to buy more for alllll our friends and relatives but luckily, I will get a link to the pics and if anyone wants to order one, they can.
After the mall we headed down to Woodburn so my dad could buy some work shoes at the outlets. Emers of course scored some more clothes, thank you G&G!! She is going to be quite the stylish little lady this summer, that is all I can say!!
After the outlets, I was SOOOOO excited to take my parents to the Tulip festival, they have NEVER been, even after all their years in Portland. After we drove allll the way there, we sadly discovered that the tulips have not even bloomed yet!!! Sad!!!
Oh well, at least Emersyn looked so cute with the Easter Bunny, right?? :)
P.S. Inspiration of the day: Amazing post by Angie Smith, someone who I would very much like to be like. http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2009/03/canvas.html

2 comments:

Kim said...

Nice to meet you! I am kim. :) Your little girl is beautiful, she is a few days older than my Hunter! I am glad that someone has found my blog that has the same baby age as my son. Can't wait to follow you & here how your baby girl grows & does things like my Hunter. god Bless! Oh & thanks for sharing Audrey's story on your blog, I am just now following her blog, i've heard many people talk about Audrey but never seen her blog for some reason. It brought tears to my eyes!

Jessica Turner said...

that bunny is 10 times cuter than the one we had in Nashville... wait til you see my pics. lol. love yours