Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Poor Doggy

2008
Molly Brown, about to enjoy some doggie biscotti that I made her.

Today we took Molly to the vet. She hasn't been eating and overall, hasn't been herself. The vet examined her and couldn't find any obvious problems, no tumors, nothing like that. That is good and bad in a way because we are still left with a lot of unknowns. They did x-rays to see if she ingested a random toy or something that was obstructing her bowels. I was pretty confident that she hadn't but they wanted to make sure. There was no obstruction, which is a good thing. If there had been, that would have been a costly surgery, in the range of $2000 or $3000. We are still waiting on tests and should hear back tomorrow.

In the meantime, Brett and I are going to go on a date, our first real date alone since Ems has been born. We went out with our neighbors once but that doesn't count as a real date. I think we are going to see "Monster's vs. Alien's" in 3d at an Imax theater and grab a bite to eat. I am excited, I think it will be good for us to have some grown up time. Brett's sister Brianna is going to hang out with Emersyn since she is leaving for school in CO in a couple weeks. Emersyn will miss her very much. In honor of Brianna, I put Emersyn in her "My Auntie Loves Me" onesie. :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hope ya'll have a great time! It does some good to get out by yourselves sometimes! I want to see that movie, looks really cute & funny! I can't believe I have totally missed your post since last Monday, forgive me! Is the 2 bottome teeth the only ones Emersyn has, those are the only 2 of Hunters, its taking forever for him to cut some more teeth! Have a blessed day, & I hope your doggy Molly feels better soon! I love Emersyn's photos, she is so cute and growing fast! :)