Tuesday, April 12, 2011

To all my friends in the mid-west and south

Dear Mid-Westerners & Southerners,

Puh-leeeeeze stop posting blog post that feature your children enjoying the beach, swimming, gallivanting around in tank tops at the park and zoo, etc. I find that my heart is struggling with envying the weather in your areas and frankly, your pictures aren't helping. :)

Actually, it turned into a beautiful day here in Portland and we reached a high of 57 today which isn't bad since we've mostly been in the 40's and even 30's so far this spring with lots and lots of rain too which is always fun with a toddler. Ems and I went to Bible Study this morning and then headed home so that she could strip down to her naked bum (so far working better then wearing panties) and continue the torture adventure that is potty training! How is she doing, you ask? Well, we haven't had very many *real* successes yet, and by real I mean pee on the potty + dry pants. Ems went through about ten pairs of underwear yesterday before I decided to just let her run around au natural. :) I've been putting her on the potty about every 20 min. but she always seems to miss it. I'm not worried, just trying to be persistent. She's definitely *ready* to be potty trained. Today we went to church and she peed in her pull up which is to be expected. I know this isn't something that is going to be conquered overnight and the fact that we keep having to go places probably doesn't help but I figure something is better then nothing.

In other news, we had a lovely dinner last night with my brother and sister-in-law. They called up in the afternoon to see if we wanted to do a spontaneous dinner date and I said, of course!

We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory and Emersyn was angelic. While at dinner, I overheard a parent at another table showing their toddler how well behaved Emersyn was and saying that he should be more like her in the restaurant. I was SO proud. :)

Well, back into the land of poop and pee pee I go. Suffice to say, I'll be getting the carpets cleaned once this potty training business is officially over. We're actually going to replace our carpet with hardwood after the baby is born but that's another post for another day. Happy Tuesday!!

1 comment:

girl said...

Keep it up, Mama! We're on the adventure as well. It is definitely something for the long haul, not overnight. And just think, I heard girls are easier to potty train than boys. I think we have our work cut out for us! :)