Friday, December 3, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday


1. Holiday spirit I believe was intended to consist of trimming the tree, singing Christmas songs, baking goodies, etc. Now I think that too many people don't even get into the spirit of Christmas because they are too big shopping for people that don't need anything and spending money they don't have. I hope to maintain the holiday spirit in my home without letting the commercial Christmas impact us.

2. The holidays are incomplete without a white chocolate peppermint mocha, Peacock Lane, peppermint ice cream, Christmas music, and our beautiful tree.

3. My favorite things to do around the holidays is enjoy our beautiful city's holiday exhibits and watch Christmas movies with my honey.

4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is getting Emersyn a new ornament every year that is relevant to her life. Her first year was "Baby's First Christmas". Last year was a Shrek ornament because when she smiled she looked like Shrek with her little teeth. This year it's a mini acryllic glass from Starbucks. Perfect for my little Starbucks addict.

5. Holiday music is my favorite. It definitely can be overplayed at the stores and on the radio but the classics still give me chills, like "Oh Holy Night". We've been singing Christmas songs with E and her favorite ones are "Santa Claus is coming to town" and "Jingle Bells". She sings along with us.

6. This year, I'll be spending the holidays with family friends and my parents on Christmas Eve after a service at my church. Christmas morning will be with my in-laws and Christmas evening will be with my parents, brother, and sister-in-law. It's my brother's first married Christmas. Cute. :)

7. Holiday Wish List well, since you asked... :) I am a blessed girl and I certainly don't need anything. But if Santa insisted on bringing me something frivolous and fun, I would love these UGG moccasins (even though they are $100 which is a little spendy in my opinion). I also really want a cool new purse now that I'm officially out of the diaper bag stage. I want something big and fun. Haven't found one I love yet but maybe if I get some Christmas money I will. Starbucks cards are always welcome too. :)


3 comments:

Tricia said...

loved this, thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Loved reading this! The kids i used to nanny did the ornament thing each year & i decided then that i'd do it too. Only now i want to do it for me & brad, too, for our years of marriage. We got a "first christmas" ornament for a wedding gift, but i didn't think to get one last year & have no clue what to get this year! Ahhh...

LOVE CHRISTMAS! HUGS! :)

Victoria said...

i love me some peppermint mochas and ice cream!! :)

what a cute blog!!