Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Me Monday- Michael Buble Concert Edition

On Friday night Brett and I went to see Michael Buble. Out of the evening, some Not Me moments occurred.....enjoy. :)

On the way to the concert, I had a little bit of a headache so we stopped at 7-11 where I bought some Alieve and a water bottle. Brett insisted on buying a larger water bottle because "it only cost a little more" and I told him that it's likely that we won't be able to bring water in and a littler bottle would be easier to hide. He said that he thought they would let us bring in bottled water.

Upon arriving at the Rose Garden, Portland's basketball arena where the concert was, we waited in a brief line and right before we got to the front, the two elderly ladies in front of us were told that they could NOT bring their water bottles in. Brett immediately grabs my arm and yanks me out of line, going back outside. I am totally exasperated. I tell him that we will just need to toss the water and I wish he would have listened to me so that we could have smuggled a littler bottle in. But my husband was determined.

That's when the Not Me My Husband moments began. At that point Brett did NOT proceed to stuff the large water bottle into his jacket, not realizing that he has lost 20+ pounds which has resulted in a much looser fitting jacket. After stuffing the water bottle into his jacket, the water bottle then did NOT totally fall out from his jacket and proceed to roll away in front of this huge line of people. I did NOT almost pass out from laughing so hard and then Brett re-stuffed the water into his jacket and put his hands in his pocket to keep the bottle in tact. When we finally got through the ticket line, we were in the clear. I laughed about it all night.

The concert was full of lusty middle aged women who were there to get their fix of Mr. Buble. Seriously. It was intense. This lady sitting next to us had to be in her late 60's. She was looking through her $30 (!!!!) program, which I did NOT totally judge her for buying, and we were eavesdropping as she went through the program, pointing out pictures to her elderly husband (who had clearly been dragged to this concert against his free will). We heard her say, "Now this is the picture I have on my screensaver" and "oh this is the picture that I had on my screensaver for awhile, remember that one". The program even had a centerfold. When she opened the centerfold picture, ANOTHER elderly woman from 3 or 4 rows back let out a cat call and then the two ladies starting talking about the Michael Buble pictures and probably about their screensavers, I couldn't really hear.

During the concert, the old lady next to us took at least 1000 pictures of Buble. It was hysterical. I wanted to tell her to just enjoy the concert and stop worrying about pictures but then I realized, she was likely at the concert to get a NEW screensaver picture.

At one point, Michael came out into the audience and over to my section where he was like 6 or 7 people away from him. I totally did NOT swoon.

Okay, so that post wasn't entirely Not Me-ish but there were some funny moments that I wanted to record so that I didn't forget them, especially the water bottle incident. I love my husband.

6 comments:

girl said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is all TOO funny! Good job, Brent, smuggling in the water after letting it fall out of your coat the first time. That's persistence! I hope it tasted good! :)

And I love the comments about the creepy old ladies getting their Buble fix. Kinda gross... :)

Glad you guys had fun!

girl said...

YIKES!!! I didn't mean to write "Brent", I am so, so sorry Brett!!!!!!

Murdock's mama said...

Oh my gosh...laughing my butt off! This is something I would try to do! :) I cannot believe that there were a bunch of old lady stalkers there...creepy! :)

Have a great week!
Abby

www.murdocksmama.blogspot.com

jules said...

That is something my husband would totally do! And I would laugh at him like you did...

Melissa said...

OMG that was HILARIOUS!!!

& I love Michael Buble!!!

j said...

i have been that crazy water bottle sneaker on occasion. now i know what my honey feels like. those women must of been as hysterical to watch and listen to as the performance.