Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

We had such a wonderful Easter celebration this past weekend. Everything is so much more magical when you have a child to share it with. I'm not saying that all holidays prior to having Emersyn were meaningless, not by any means! I just am so happy to be a mommy. I told Brett the other day that sometimes I still feel like a little girl playing house. My life is such a dream come true for me.

We started our Easter festivities by having an Easter Egg dying party with Emersyn's cousins on Saturday night, along with her Uncle Brock, Nana, and Papa.


Genevieve is on the left, she is 12. Annabel is on the right. She turned 6 on Easter.

We had fun dying eggs. Emersyn wasn't too into it. I gave her an egg and she gave me a blank look and then tried to eat it, LOL! I gave her some stickers to put on her egg but to her, all stickers go on her shirt so that is where they ended up. I gave Emersyn another egg because her first one got all slobbery from her putting it in her mouth and she banged the two eggs together for fun which resulted in some cracked eggs. Good thing they were hardboiled! :)

I had SO much fun shopping for Emersyn's Easter Basket this year. Last year we didn't do one. I swear, for the first year of her life the child didn't NEED anything. But as she gets older, she is starting to need more things so the Easter Basket was a perfect opportunity for that! We are very cautious about not turning Emersyn into a spoiled child but at the same time, it is hard not to buy her things that she loves! It is all about balance. Plus, we are SO blessed to have generous neighbors' who give us their very gently used hand-me-down toys! Anyways, I digress...

Brett put Emersyn's Easter Basket downstairs by the front door for her to find in the morning. I love everything in it!! I got her three dollar books from the Target Dollar Bins; they are her favorite books I swear!! I had bought her the Abby Cadabby shapes book for Valentine's Day and then for Easter I decided to complete the collection of 4 with these other three books about colors, letters and numbers. I also got her a dress from Old Navy, Costco, her first Camelback water bottle (soooo cute!!!!), a Pixar movie (Over the Hedge), a new bib and some "big girl forks". I love her so much. I got this basket at my baby shower actually. It had a plant in it! I just washed the liner out and voila, an Easter Basket!


Emersyn woke up a little earlier then expected. We thought that we would be able to get her all ready and then feed her breakfast and have her do her Easter basket. Such was not the case. Brett ran downstairs and hid the basket while I got Emersyn up and made her some blueberry pancakes, her new favorite recipe! She likes them plain but since it was a holiday, I gave her a teeny bit of syrup. I made a bunch of extra pancakes for this week too. They re-heat great!

Brett gave Ems a bath while I got ready and then we both got her into her dress and I did her hair. She is like a real life doll that I get to dress up. SO fun.


Notice no runny nose!!! It was back today though. I think the Lord had her runny nose stop just for me, I really was hoping she wouldn't be sickly looking for her pictures in her dress!

Emersyn's Nana made this dress for her first birthday but because of our weather, she didn't get to wear it much. It still fit her but was a little short so she added a layer of white trim to the bottom and it turned out just darling.




She really really liked the forks! :)


The back of her sweet dress.

Mommy's girl. :)

After church we headed over to Brett's parents house for Easter supper and to celebrate Annabel's 6th birthday!


Easter Egg Bandit!!


Testing out Annabel's new bike!

We had such a great Easter, the only thing that would have made it more complete is time with my family as well but getting to Minnesota and back in one day would be pretty much impossible, both time wise and financially!!

I hope you all had wonderful Easter celebrations as well! Such a beautiful day to remember just exactly how much God loves us, so much in fact, that He gave His only begotten Son.....


7 comments:

Melissa said...

Aw, i love her little Easter dress!

LeAnna said...

Her little dress turned out darling! Such a cutie pie, that girl. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Easter dress, so precious!

Rachel said...

Her little dress is adorable!! Glad you had a great Easter with Emersyn!!

Rachel said...

Her little dress is adorable!! Glad you had a great Easter with Emersyn!!

sister sheri said...

I love the story about the dress! Nana is soooo talented!

Kim said...

Oh I love her dress! Such a Beautiful doll! :) I love her cute little Easter Basket too, so sweet. I'm glad to see ya'll had a wonderful Easter!!!