Friday, April 9, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday




Fun fun! :) Brett's been watching a lot of the Masters lately....ZZZzzzzzz......Blogging is MUCH more fun then golf!!!

1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten was ha ha, you should have been at our Easter dinner. LOL. I ate an oyster shooter once and it was SICK!!!!!! Brett sorta made me do it back before we were together and we were just friends. Clearly he loved me by torturing me and making me eat the nasty shooter. It almost didn't go all the way down!!!

2. My best friend is my husband. He is my favorite person to spend time with and makes me laugh like no one else. :)

3. If I could live in a different era it would be the olden days because I have always loved the little house on the prairie series. I love the stories of churning their own butter and having to work so hard for their food and shelter. SO fascinating to me!!

4. I like Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution show. Anyone else watching it?? It makes me feel really good about the food choices that we have made and are still making for Emersyn. I am really praying that families will watch this show and see the effects that fatty processed foods have on children and take more responsibility for their meals. Processed foods are easy to prepare, I get that. But it's not surprise that childhood obesity is SO common when all we serve our kids is junk!! Especially at their schools!! Okay, stepping off the soapbox now....... :)

5. If you only know one thing about me it should be that I am an eternal optimist because of the joy of the Lord. Life is too short to spend it worrying, judging others, and looking at the glass half empty. Negative people are really missing out on life in my opinion!

6. My favorite book of all time is oh man, how do you pick just one??? I guess if I can ONLY pick one I would pick the Bible which may sound cheesy but I believe that every word in it is for me and a promise that I can cling to.

7. The one beauty product I couldn't live without is moisturizing foundation. I feel like my complexion is dry and pretty uneven. Mascara is a close second. :)

8. Blogging is a wonderful way to document your feelings, keep track of milestones for my daughter, inspire others by sharing your experiences and a way to find a great community of women with similar goals and aspirations.

9. If I could star in a movie with any actor/actress I would want to work with Kristen Wiig from SNL. She is hysterical.

10. One of the best feelings in the world is when Emersyn lays her head on my shoulder and cuddles with me, gently patting me on the back. *sigh* Perfection. I also love the feeling of seeing weight come off each week on the Wii Fit scale....that is a close second. :)


5 comments:

Tyler said...

Great answers! I love the pat on the back.. its the best!! You are your family are just too sweet :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend

Tea said...

This was so fun! We have some things in common! One is the olden days thing. I loved Little HOuse on the Prairie when I was little, but haven't seen it since then. Have you ever seen the Love Comes Softly series of movies? They are set back in the pioneer days..they are so good! (..especially the first three in the series.) Thanks for sharing! :)

sister sheri said...

Patti! So love your optimism... it is contagious!

LeAnna said...

I LOVE Food Revolution. It makes me sad, but I'm glad he's doing such a thing. Parents really need to take charge of their kids eating habits, as well as their own, while they can!

Anonymous said...

Ok - I'm pretty sure I remember the oyster shooter and having to do one right along side you...? YUCK! Fun times!! MONTAGE! We so definitely need to go there next time we are down there! :)