Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mimi's Visit!

Emersyn has officially started calling my mom "Mimi". It is the cutest thing EVER. She just wasn't getting "Grammy". I think the "Gra" was too challenging. So I started referring to my mom as "Gram-mi-mi" and Emersyn shortened it to "Mimi". Whenever my mom left the room, Emersyn would call out "Mimi???". I could actually hear my mother turning into a pile of goo, melting at the sound of her name being called. :)

My mom flew into town as a surprise to my brother and future sister-in-law whose bridal shower was this weekend!

I didn't get out my camera a single time this weekend, how awful am I?!?!? I did take some pics on my phone though.....we had a very fun weekend!


Emersyn and Mimi, doing what they do best: shopping. Emersyn even brought her purse too!

I love this dress. Got it for $6 at the Carter's outlet last year. SCORE. I think Emersyn looks darling in it. She loves her cowboy boots too, although I have to say, she gets a little attitude when she wears them!! :) She's sassy and she knows it!! :)

Modesty: not her thing right now. :) This was outside Auntie Jenny's shower. Emerysn needed some fresh air and a place to roam around.


"Helping" Auntie with her presents.

Emersyn and her newest toy, Dr. Seuss's "Lorax". She fell in love with this at Kohls and of course Mimi had to buy it for her even though I told her that Emersyn already had plenty of stuffed animals. She really loves this one though, carried it around all morning. Her Mimi is too good to us. She bought us groceries, Emersyn clothes, etc. I am so happy to be a recipient of my mama's love language, gifts!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emersyn and my mom were best buds this whole weekend. Emersyn definitely had her "I want my mommy" moments but she had a lot of fun playing with her Mimi who loves her soooooo much. One of my favorite moments of the entire weekend was watching my mom hold Emersyn during worship at our church, both of them with hands held high praising the Lord. I truly am so blessed.
This morning Mimi went home but it wasn't too sad of a goodbye since we will be seeing her again in just TWO short weeks, can you believe it?!?! I sent her home with two loaves of freshly baked blueberry banana bread for her and my dad to enjoy. I felt quite domestic.
This week is a busy one for me. I am co-hosting a baby shower this weekend and I'm so excited to celebrate my friend Carissa and her baby boy, who will be arriving sometime in June! We are also heading down to the Tulip Festival on Friday for our annual photo shoot and I am hoping and praying for good weather! I have about 60 cupcakes to make on Friday too for the baby shower, as well as some favors. Fun fun!
Happy Tuesday!!


4 comments:

OurLittleBlessingS said...

oh how adorable!! and i DO love the dress!!

Tyler said...

OMGracious! That dress and cowboy boots are to die for cute!!! Love that miss fashionista :)

Arent moms the best! I love when my mom helps out with Emma, groceries, or even a shirt or two for me ;)

Hope you have a wonderful week!

PS could you send me an email telling me how you got your weight loss ticker on your other blog? I would like to use one as well. Thanks girl

Anonymous said...

So glad your mom got to come for a fun weekend!

Riley still hasn't picked a name for my mom yet. He was saying Mammy for a while, but that just turned into Mommy which does not work! He says "mimi" for excuse me, it's really cute!

Molly said...

Oh my gosh! Mattie was trying to snatch all those Dr. Seuss toys off the rack when we were at Kohl's last night. Then, we went again this morning, and she started shrieking & pointing when she saw them again. I almost caved & bought her one, lol. But the child has entirely too many dolls & stuff animals as it is. :)