Friday, January 2, 2009

Emersyn's Dedication



On December 28th, Emersyn was dedicated at our church, Portland Christian Center. It was such a unique and special service, we are so thankful that Pastor Ray and Linda put so much time and effort into looking up the meaning of her name. This is what Emersyn's name means:

"Emer"": The Industrious Leader
"Syn": Heir of God
"Grace": Lady of Grace

Emersyn was perfect on the stage. I was really nervous about her crying or spitting up. It is hard to find a balance. I didn't want her to be hungry and fussy, yet if I fed her close to the time of the dedication, it would almost definitely result in some spit up. I didn't want her to wear a bib on the stage so I decided to not feed her until after the dedication. It all worked out, even with Pastor Ray held her and prayed for her. She was so cute, looking around at all the lights.

Our former Senior Pastor was there, Bill Wilson. He said a prayer during the service and commented on what a special day it was for our families. He reminded my dad of the day that he accepted the Lord and who would have known that years later, he would be sitting next to his family, getting ready to dedicate a baby. It was a very special reflection for our family. My dad did not believe in God for most of my childhood, even though he was still a very kind man like he is today. Through many years of praying, my dad accepted the Lord when I was about 9 I think and I am so grateful that he did. God is faithful!

Here are some pics from our special day. Thank you to Max Monty for taking these pictures, you are a blessing!!!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww- congrats! What a special day indeed :o)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new header and layout! Her dedication looked like a very special day. That was neat that Pastor Bill was there as well. Love you!