Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last post of 2008!

Well, 2008 was the most eventful year of my entire life I would have to say!

*January 2nd, I found out that we had a precious little baby on the way! Also, on this same day, Brett started working with Riverstone Residential in Property Management.

*February 4th I turned 27. My 20's are rapidly coming to an end but I am okay with that.

*April 4th, we found out that our little baby is a girl.

*August 18th my parents loaded up and moved to Minnesota. This has been one of the most challenging emotions to deal with, missing them so terribly, but God is good and luckily I have great family and friends still here in Portland.

*August 28th, Emersyn Grace Jensen entered the world and our lives have been so blessed ever since.

*Mid-November Brett was promoted into management with his company and is now working at a property downtown.

*December 14th we officially become suburban "soccer parents" and bought a mini-van. :)

Last New Year's Eve I probably would have never believed you if you told me that exactly one year later I would be sitting at my computer with the cutest 4 month old baby that you have ever seen upstairs sleeping in her crib, with a mini-van in the driveway. But I have come to realize more in more as life goes on that God is faithful and His plans are always far more exciting then I could have ever planned for myself. I thought the highlight of 2008 was going to be going to Hawaii in May for our 5 year anniversary. Instead, that anniversary was spent shopping for our unborn daughter and reflecting on how much fun we have had over the last 5 years. I am anxiously looking forward to all that the New Year has to bring and am daily reminding myself that God is in control and I can take it one day at a time. I tend to be a planner in the worst way at times, always want to know what's ahead and how I can prepare for it. But the more I have "let go" in life, the better things have become.

Okay, on a lighter note, here are some highlights of our post-Christmas fun!

Emersyn was dedicated on Sunday, December 28th, which was also her 4 month old birthday! We have pics and a video but they are currently still with our friend who took them for us. I will be sure and post pics when I get them. Emersyn looked adorable in her Christmas dress and she didn't make a peep on stage, what an angel! I will post more details about this exciting day in her life when I get the pics! :)

Sunday afternoon we went to lunch at Azteca with some of our favorite people, my parents, Brett's parents, the Sies family and the Meichtry family. It was a blast to be together and Emersyn was a sweetie, of course!

Playing with Daddy at Azteca.

After lunch we went to see "Four Christmas's". Cute movie. Emersyn was in heaven. She has become quite the media enthusiast, seriously. That is a glamourous way of saying that she is obsessed with tv. :) Particularly football, no joke. I know we have discussed this before but it is SO true. Last night Brett was holding her and showing her the pictures on our digital frame but she kept trying to steal glances at the tv next to them to keep up on the Oregon game. Brett is in heaven with his football loving daughter. :) Last night she was getting ready for bed but since there was only like 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I let her stay up. What a mean Mommy I would be, not letting her see the end of the game! :) Anyways, back to the movie...when we got there the screen just had pictures on it, like slide show style. But when the movie and sound came on.......




That TV is HUGE Mommy!!!!



Watching the movie with Daddy.

She was in awe. It was so cute to see!!! She watched the movie, ate and then passed out in her car seat which was facing the screen of course. :) Tomorrow we are going to see Marley and Me with the Jensen's and I am excited about that. I am sure she will love seeing the doggy on the big screen!

Yesterday we said "see you later" to my parents as they headed back to Minnesota. My mom is so cute, she doesn't like to say goodbye so we just say "see you later". :) I was very emotional but luckily David and Brett were here to comfort me and David cheered me up by showing me some footage from when Emersyn was born. There is a part on the video where I am in labor, pushing but throwing up, like super dramatic throwing up, not some mild dry heaves. David tries to be discreet so he turns the camera around to film out the window. The funny part is, it is dark outside so instead of capturing outside, you capture David trying not to laugh hysterically while his sister is totally barfing in the background. We had a good laugh. That might be a "you had to be there" moment but we all had a good time re-living it. :) Anyways, after Emersyn took a nap, we went to Ikea and got some frames for some prints of Emersyn that I want to put in my hallway going up the stairs.


Emersyn and Uncle David having some fun!

Tonight we are going to a bunco New Year's party and then back to our house around 10 so that we can put Emersyn to sleep at a decent hour. Our friends Tori and Andrew are going to ring in the New Year with us and spend the night so that they don't have to drive so late. It will be fun times for sure! Tomorrow we are going to see "Marley and Me" with the Jensens, like I said before, and then to dinner somewhere. Fun times are sure to be had!

Well, so long 2008. You were a great year and I will never forget you!

Happy New Year everyone!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Patti- I love reading your blog. You are such a positive person and it's neat to see all the awesome events that happen in your life. Happy 2009~!