Saturday, December 6, 2008

100 Days

Dear Emersyn,

Today you are 100 days old!! I can hardly believe it. Being your mama is such a blessing. You are the sweetest little girl and I just melt whenever you give me one of your big beautiful smiles. Your Daddy and I love you so much and pray each night that the Lord would keep you strong and healthy and bless your life. We are having so much fun with you. You are definitely starting to prefer your Mommy and Daddy when we are in a crowd. You don't mind being passed around much but when you start to get cranky, you usually just want your Mama. That makes me feel so special! I still can't believe I am your Mama. Daddy and I still look at each other sometimes and can't believe that we are parents. We love it. Here are some of your favorite activities:
* You have started playing with your plastic rings that your Grammy got you a long time before you were even born. It is so cute to watch you concentrate on grabbing them and then joyfully stick them in your mouth.
* You LOVE watching TV with your Daddy, even football (yuck!!). Daddy loves cuddling with you and you guys have a good time watching whatever is on tv. Sometimes when you are fussy at night and need to go to bed, you stop what you are doing to see what is on the TV and it makes your Daddy and I laugh.

Watching football with Daddy.
You decided you were big enough to watch some TV by yourself. :)
Such a little girl on a big couch!


* You are a very smiley girl. My favorite times with you are after you wake up and I go into your room and you give me big smiles like you are SO happy to see me. Your smiles melt my heart and make me love being a mama.
* You love lights! The Christmas tree is very exciting to you and you will be pretty much content anywhere if you can see a light.

* You love your hands, mainly sucking on them. When we are in the car, if your binky falls out (which it often does), we will all of the sudden start hearing some very aggressive sucking noises and that is you, going to town on your hands. It is very cute.
* You love talking on the webcam to your Grammy and Grandpa. Even though they don't live, here, you very much know them and recognize their voices. They just love it when you smile too and especially when you talk, like you have started doing so much! Mommy and Daddy love it when you talk too, Daddy loves it when you talk to him on the phone when he is on his way home from work.

These have been the best 100 days of our lives and we just love you so much sweet girl. Thank you for being the sweetest baby girl ever.


Love, Mommy

4 comments:

Aimee said...

So sweet and so true about all those parenting things! And a letter she will relish as she gets older!

Anonymous said...

Okay I clicked on this to read the comment, and then I had to comment because the word verification below is "emors". I realize its a letter off, but still! What a fun letter that she'll be able to read when she's older.

girl said...

So so so sweet!! She is such a sweet little girl!

girl said...

BTW - I love the random picture of the donkey in your slideshow! :)