Thursday, December 18, 2008

More cute things...

Dear Emersyn,

Since this blog is turning into a little journal of your exciting life as a baby, I figured I better keep up with all the cute things that you do and enjoy!

*Bumpys: Emersyn, you LOVE bumpy's!!!! Now what is a "bumpy" you ask? Well, it is when we put your car seat in a shopping cart and then roll the cart over the bumpiest pavement we can find. I honestly think it is the highlight of your little life. Your favorite bumpys are at Fred Meyer, right after you leave the sidewalk, there is a ramp to get down to the parking lot level off the curb. This is full of rough cobble stone and you would think that this violent shaking would disturb you but you never fail to find joy in it. As your cheeks have filled out, they too have started to take part in the shaking. If you are sucking on your binky, you will promptly spit it out as to fully be able to take in the enjoyment found in such bumpys. Your eyes get wide and you go into a daze of bliss. Your Daddy and I just love it. You have loved bumpys since you were born. You have really enjoyed the snow as of late because that means a lot of parking lots have laid down gravel so that there is more traction. Gravel=bumpys! Daddy and I are going to get a video camera soon and one of the things we need to document is your love of the bumpys. Yes, people in the parking lot will look at us like we are strange but we don't care.

*You have started making a funny gasping noise. Like you breathe in really deep and make a sound and it is amusing to you. The only thing is, it often tickles your throat so the gasp is often accompanied by a cough. You have discovered this gasping in the last few days and you like to practice doing it when Mommy puts you down for a nap. It is really cute and is another cute thing that we need to capture on film.

*Gurgling: you have started gurgling out of happiness that is often followed by spit bubbles. You love to gurgle especially on your changing table. For some reason, you love laying on your changing table and always coo and smile at Mommy or Daddy or whoever is changing you. I like your gurgles. You are my happy sweet girl.

*Okay, now the next part isn't pretty but it needs to be documented because it is cute. Now, when you were a tiny baby, you had your fair share of toots. Because you were such a frequent tooter, I started calling you tooter-magooter. Then it gradually shortened to magooter, which is what I call you when you are gassy but it is also what I have started calling your little toots and other little "explosions" that come from the rear end area. You love standing and for some reason, you love to stand and "magooter". Often times, after Mama feeds you, you will stand on her lap after she burps you and you and I will chat and sometimes we chat with Daddy too. Well, lately, Daddy and I have noticed that sometimes while standing, you get really quiet and your eyes get a little red and watery and you slowly start to slump over. Then a LARGE sound follows and an unpleasantly fragrant odor is emitted. You will usually do this about three times in a row and as childish as it is, your Daddy and I laugh so hard every single time. After we are pretty sure that you are done, I give you to Daddy and tell him that his baby wants him and that I have to go do something. Maybe this is a weird thing to blog about but it is so darn cute and funny and you are my little tooter-magooter and I love you for it, even if you are a stinky baby.

I love you Emersyn Grace. I am so excited for our first Christmas season as a family. We are going to teach you the real meaning of Christmas and create some fun and meaningful family traditions. Thank you for being my sweet baby.

Love, Your Mama

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Darn it, Patti! I read your blog while I was "working" and started tearing up at my desk! You are the cutest Mom and you have the cutest Baby. I love you both.

Love, Tori