Saturday, December 27, 2008

Emersyn's First Christmas Celebration


Emersyn's favorite toy looking a little festive. :)


Happy Holidays!! 

Christmas was extra special for us this year for obvious reasons! We had such a nice time with family and friends and are looking forward to what the new year holds for us all. 

Here is a little recap of our holiday celebrations!

First of all, can you believe the weather?!?!?! It really put an interesting spin on our holiday season, that is for sure. Unfortunately, we weren't able to do a lot of the holiday related things that I had wanted to due to the snow. I think this is the first year ever that we have not gone to Peacock Lane! And I was very nervous that my parents weren't going to make it into town as they flew in to Seattle on Sunday which was one of the first days of our "Arctic Blast". But by a miracle, their flight made it safely and then they drove down from Seattle in a rear wheel drive sedan rental car and made it in about 5 hours. I was so happy to see them, even if it was at midnight!! 

Santa came for Brett a little early, on the 23rd to be exact. My dad and Glen, a family friend, came knocking on our door and told Brett to put on his shoes and come outside. This is what he saw when he came out.....


A new grill!!! We are so happy!! We have had the same grill since we got married and it is pretty worn out and really only holds about 8 burgers which isn't that many when you are entertaining in the summers. This grill will ensure many fun times ahead. Thank you Mom and Dad!!!

We started off the holiday with a celebration at our family friends, the Sies', on Christmas Eve at their house. I forgot my camera which is very unlike me but other people had their camera's so I need to snag some pictures from them. We had a wonderful dinner and then played games and had a great time visiting. We headed home, braving the weather and snow packed roads. 

Christmas morning we headed over to Brett's parents house at around 9. We had Cinnabon's and a fruit salad before we opened presents. Emersyn slept the whole time on her Papa's lap and then with her Nana but it was still fun. We got a Panini grill which I am really excited to use!! Emersyn got some really cute clothes, a pink cd player for her room, some darling Robeez, and some other fun items. Thank you Nana and Papa and to all of Brett's siblings!!



We headed back to our house around 12:30. When we got home, my mom and dad, David, and Gigi were all waiting for us. We decided to put the turkey in before we opened the presents. It was my first time making a turkey! I was pretty excited about it! 



We had fun opening presents and were so blessed with some awesome gifts and gift cards, whoo hoo! I got a set of pans that were really nice but since I already have pretty nice pans, I was able to exchange the set of pans for a Kitchen Aid mixer!!!! I am so excited!! I am sure it will take my cooking and baking to a whole new level. :) 

Daddy opening his Fossil leather briefcase that Emersyn got him for work!

Reading Uncle David's card from her.

Emersyn got a Baby Einstein jumper and she is so cute in it. We showed her how to spin a frog on it just once and she is already doing it by herself!! 



Christmas dinner was great and we did our traditional communion with dinner. We do it before all holiday dinners and it is a nice reminder of the true meaning of the season. 

Christmas night ended with Chevy Chase's "Christmas Vacation". Good times. Emersyn had such a great first Christmas and a White Christmas on top of that! I wish I would gotten some better pictures but since we had my family in town, I was a little distracted. Lord knows I have plenty of great memories in my head though. 

I hope you all had as much fun as we did on Christmas!!! Happy New Year too everyone!!!

2 comments:

girl said...

Fun fun fun! I am so glad you had a great Christmas! Is that the Baby Einstein Jumperoo? We have that for Ellie and can't wait to use it! She got a new walker thing that I am also really excited for her to use - but she has to be 4 months old. I don't want her to get older, but I do so she can play with her fun toys! :) Looking forward to seeing you next Saturday! Have fun with your family!!

Anonymous said...

What is a "Robeez"?