Monday, January 12, 2009



I love you in these little thermals!!!!


Oh Emersyn, could you be any cuter??


You love eating your rings!


Your hair is starting to grow a little! How fun!!


Seriously, how are you so darn cute?!!??!
Dear Emers,

Something has come to my attention and I think we need to have a chat about it. Today when I called your Daddy, he informed me that you had been sleeping for over TWO hours during your nap today. I got to thinking and realized that you did this for him last week too! AND for your Nana. Now when I am home and put you down for a nap, the most you will sleep for me is about an hour. Why is this little girl?? Do you know how much Mommy could accomplish if you slept for TWO hours? It's not that I don't miss you when you are sleeping, I do! It's just that there is lots to do around the house and I try to do it when you are sleeping, rather then cutting into our playtime together. I guess you must just not like sleeping long for Mommy because you are sooooo excited to get up and play with me. That is okay too.
I had a very fun weekend with you! On Friday we went to Clackamas Town Center to hang out with Ellie and her Mommy. It was fun, you rode around in our strollers and we made a stop at your favorite place to eat, the Nordstrom Women's Lounge! You and Ellie looked awfully cute together on the couch, Mommy had to take a picture of course! You and Ellie both have reddish hair and people always comment on how cute you both are. We also ran into Estella and her Daddy! So fun!
Saturday you and I hung around the house. We had some fun on your playmat and then we went to your Nana and Papa's for some dinner and to watch "The Biggest Loser". We had split pea soup, which ended up being a bad idea. You were up several times that night and it actually might have been our "hardest" night with you to date. You are a pretty easy baby girl so it doesn't take much to have a hard night. I think that you were a little gassy from the soup. Mommy's sorry!! Sunday morning we decided not to go to church because of our tiring night before but we did go to church in the evening. You saw lots of our friends who all think you are so cute and wanted to play with you. You even sat with Miss Shaya at Red Robin after church and let her play with you. You were perfect during church too, sitting on Daddy's lap like a little angel.
Today I started my second week of work. I am okay with it, I really am. It is fun for you and your Daddy to have time together and I think Daddy is starting to really understand that being home with you isn't the piece of cake that it appears to be at times. He loves you sooo much though and is such a good Daddy to you. I couldn't have asked for a better Daddy for you!
On Saturday night I read a blog about a lady whose little baby girl died shortly after she was born. I cried as I watched a video tribute to her short little life. I was reminded of how precious life is and how I never want to take you for granted. I am so thankful for your health and every single day I thank the Lord for such a perfect child. Nothing you ever do or say will ever make me feel any different towards you. Your Daddy and I loved you long before you were ever in my tummy, long before you were ever born. God picked you just for us and becoming your mommy has been the greatest thing ever. I want you to live your life knowing how much your Mommy and Daddy love you and how blessed you are to have been born so healthy and perfect.
Alright, time to wipe my eyes and pull myself together! My cubicle at work is wall papered with your little face and sometimes I am so overcome with love for you, I just have to blog it out. :)
I love you so much little lady. It's okay if you don't take long naps for me. I miss you too.
XOXOXO,
Mommy






2 comments:

Aimee said...

So cute! She is a doll. She is going to start being "in-motion" soon, and once that happens it never stops! Jameson started crawling at 6 months old!

MiMi said...

What a lovely letter for Emersyn to read when she grows up. I love you.
Your Mama