Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Update :)

Morning cuddles with Mama. My favorite!!

Sometimes the best way to keep your binky in is to just hold it there while sleeping. So precious.


Victory over the swaddle, she got out!


Rolling over. Pictures in her nursery give off a strange light because of the green!


Reading with Mama before bedtime. This is our favorite book, "Sweet Dreams Mimi".


My little cutie at the park.


Future Senior picture. (Minus the binky)



So delighted to see me in the morning!


Watching football with Daddy. Sadly, Daddy's Patriots and Grandpa's Broncos did not make it!


These smiles make my day.

Playing on her jumper like a big girl.



" Can we webcam with Grammy Mommy, can we can we???"


Playing at the park on a beautiful but chilly day. Don't worry, she had a coat on we just took it off
for a photo op. :)
Emersyn is growing and changing so much. Last week I had one of those moments of realization that she is getting SO big. It was funny, I had her in her car seat with a blanket on her lap. When we got home, I took the blanket off to get her out of her car seat and I was literally taken aback at how big she has gotten. It was almost as though she grew while she was in her car seat. Emersyn used to be a little angel in her carseat but lately she has been letting us know that she would rather be out playing then strapped down in a carseat! And for some reason at night, she gets really lonely in the car. If we run errands in the evening, I will usually sit in the back with her because otherwise she gets really frustrated. She just holds my hand and stares at me back there, melts my heart everytime.
Here are some fun updates about our Emers:
*She has started busting out of her swaddle. As much as I hate to admit it, her swaddling days are numbered. I just feel like she sleeps great swaddled but it seems as soon as we lay her down, she is struggling to be free. I guess I can understand, the swaddle is kind of like a baby straight jacket but it is for her own good!!!
*Emersyn is enjoying playing a lot. She LOVES her jumper. I am able to put her in there when I am downstairs and since the chair spins, it is like she has 4 different little play stations on it. I have been recording some live concerts on TV to play in the background while she plays. It is so cute, I will look at her and she will play with something, then look up at the tv, watch a song or two, then go back to playing. She is turning into such a little girl before our eyes, it is hard to believe. Her favorite concert to watch as of late is an acoustic Kelly Clarkson one. That’s my girl! Emersyn still enjoys her bouncy chair but mainly just for webcamming with Grammy. She will be too big for it soon though.
*Emersyn is enjoying her “Bumbo” seat. I took it to the park the other day to capture some cute pics of her playing outside. She was really into looking at the Bumbo seat so I didn’t get too many great shots but that is understandable. J
*Emersyn officially rolled over from her tummy to her back last Monday evening. She is not a big fan of tummy time but we have been trying to “practice” with her a lot and each time she rolled over, we cheered for her so she started to think it was a game. I can’t really see her rolling onto her tummy for awhile, like I said, she isn’t a big fan.
We are looking forward to celebrating Emersyn’s first Valentine’s Day in Sacramento, CA! We are going down to visit some family and are very excited. Emersyn is my little travel baby. I am excited to have some fun time off with her and her daddy.

We are still praying for baby Harper, the baby of a blog mama that I read. She is in stable but still critical condition with some heart issues. I read of so many stories of babies with so many problems, it makes me treasure my little girl even more. Thank you Lord for her health and heal baby Harper!!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness! She is so precious and very expressive...I LOVE it! The picture of you two sleeping together was precious...I love to sleep with my little boy! And of course the one with her holding her paci in made me laugh! You have yourself a cutie!