Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to work!

Dear Emers,

Well, today Mommy went back to work. I can't believe that 18 weeks has come and gone since your birth. I am so blessed to have a job (and FMLA) that allowed me to take a nice long leave after you made your grand entrance on August 28th. :) We had so much fun, didn't we? It was especially nice to be off during the holidays and get to enjoy every moment with you. I tried to soak it in as much as I could, knowing that time is so precious.

I had very mixed emotions about coming back to work. On one hand, I knew I was going to miss you so very much. On the other hand, I knew that getting a paycheck is always a good thing and also, in a way I am sacrificing so that you can spend some quality time with some of your favorite people.

Today you are hanging out with your Daddy for the day. Daddy was sooooooo excited for this day to come. I think it is precious that you and Daddy will get to have a very special date every Monday. Oh the fun you will have! He loves taking you places and showing off his little girl. When I called him today, he had just given you a bath which I bet was fun for you both. Your Uncle David came over today too and I bet you had a fun time with both of them! Mommy wishes she could be home with you all the time but Daddy and I are working hard to build a good future financially for our family and luckily, I will only be gone three days a week. Like I said, it really is just a sacrifice I am making so that you can have Daddy dates. :)

On Wednesday and Thursday, you will get to hang out with your Nana! One day you will go over to her house, which will be fun. Nana has two dogs and two cats which are always fun to look at. One day Nana will come over to our house and you can play with her there. Maybe sometimes you will also have playdates with other babies on these dates, we'll see. I just want you know that there are so many people in the world that love you so much, it is only fair that I share you with them. So I will go to work and you can be my social butterfly. :)

It wasn't easy saying goodbye to you this morning. You were swaddled like a little burrito in bed with your daddy. I gave you a kiss and told you that I was going to miss you so much and I asked you if you were going to miss me. You gave me a HUGE smile and that did it, the tears came flowing. But that is partially because Mommy has been super emotional lately due to something called hormones. You will learn about that later in life. But the day is almost over and guess what? We both made it! Daddy has kept me updated through the day and he even said the most wonderful statement during my lunch break today: "I have taken you for granted". I think Daddy thought you and I just sat around all day, watching tv and hanging out. But hanging out with you and keeping up the house is a much more involved job and it was fun to hear Daddy recognize that!

I can't believe you are 4 months old already. Time is going by so fast and you are growing and changing so much. You are starting to talk a lot and make a screeching noise. It is so cute and sometimes when you are "talking" I will cover/uncover your mouth so that you make silly sounds and you think that is pretty funny. You are definitely teething too. You usually have your fingers in your mouth and you have started whining a little bit but not naughty whining, just whining because your teeth hurt and that is a very valid reason to be unhappy! You have your 4 month old check up tomorrow and I am looking forward to what the dr. has to say about your teething and such.

You are trying to sit up which is very cute. You don't have any interest really in tummy time, nor do you appear interested in rolling over. You will get there though.

I love you so much and I can't wait to see you when I get home. Thank you for being my sweet baby, I am the luckiest mama ever!!!!!!

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy

1 comment:

Aimee said...

It seems like you have a really good perspective on going back to work, and feel comfortable with it!