Wednesday, January 7, 2009

4 Month Appointment

Yesterday Emersyn had her 4 month old appointment. She weighs 14lbs, 1.5 oz which puts her in the 50th percentile for weight. She is a whopping 26 1/2 inches long however, which puts her off the charts for height!! She is our tall baby girl! She has very long limbs too, like her 3 month old clothing still all totally fits, except if it has long sleeves. In that event, the sleeves are always too short. I have gotten out a lot of 6 months clothing for her though and it is so much fun, almost like she has a new wardrobe! :)

She got three shots yesterday and I felt so bad for her but she didn't cry for long and then just sucked on her binky, whimpering a little. Today her Nana tells me that she has been very sleepy and I bet that has to due with feeling under the weather after her shots.

I am at work again today. I had a really easy morning since I didn't have to be at work until noon. I got up, fed Emersyn, put her down for a morning nap and then had time to get ready, eat breakfast, etc. It was nice. Today she is at her Nana's house and tomorrow she is at our house with her Nana. That will be an even easier day! Then, three day weekend, whoo hoo!! :)

Brett and I are trying to plan a trip down to Sacramento in February to visit some family. We are trying to debate whether or not to fly or drive. We'll see. Flying is very tempting because of how quick it us but there are extra costs associated with it obviously. I think we would have to rent a car down there too to make visiting people an easier task. Anyways, if we do fly, it will be Emersyn's 3rd plane ride before she turns 6 months old! What a little traveller! I am very excited to see my grandparents, aunts and uncle and cousins!

1 comment:

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

4month shots are no fun. They were the worst for Madison. They have gotten easier since then so maybe your little trooper will do even better next round.
I loved your back to work post. So sweet! And you are right, time with the people she love is the best o both worlds. You are a great mommy! We should get together sometime since we live so close. Madison is very into babies now.