Monday, January 26, 2009

Almost 5 Months.....


You looked sooo pretty in your dress on Sunday!

This is us playing our new favorite game. You lay on my lap and I pull up your arms and give you a kiss and you give me a big smile in return!



Look how long your lady legs are getting!!!!


Ems!!

On Wednesday you are turning 5 months old!! Where is the time going? I should apologize in advance, you are going to hear mommy and daddy say that a lot because we just can't believe how fast you are growing up!

We had a fun week last week! Monday evening we got together with all the Jensen’s and had dinner at OSF. You got to see your Aunties: Kris, Renee, Rochelle, & Janet as well as some Uncle’s and cousins too. Everyone thinks you are soooo cute and no one can decide who you look like yet. Most people say you are a good mix of both Mommy and Daddy. We have to agree. The one thing that everyone agrees on though is that you are ADORABLE!!

Tuesday we went and did something that Mommy and Daddy used to do a LOT before you were born, look at houses! We found some neat million dollar houses to go look at in Lake Oswego, Mommy’s favorite city in Portland. Your favorite house was on the lake itself. You liked looking out the window at the view. You love looking out windows, especially on sunny days. Oregon is a very pretty place. It was fun to drive around with you and show you all the fun places that we are going to take you to when you get older.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. We did have a fun coffee date on Saturday morning with Miss Emily downtown! She is going to have a little buddy for you to play with in July. We are excited to find out if your buddy will be a boy or girl next month. Saturday afternoon Uncle David and his friend Jenny came over and we went to happy hour at Sonic. Mommy is obsessed with Sweet Peach Iced Tea. It is soooo good. Anyways, after we went to Sonic, we came home and watched Arrested Development and Mommy made corn chowder for dinner. Sunday we went to church. Mommy and Daddy are taking part in a Sunday school about learning to be a good parent. I think next week we are going to let you hang out in the nursery, as scary as that is to your mama. You are just getting so big and like to be chatty when we are supposed to be quiet so we will see how you do in there. It won’t be an easy morning for me, I will miss you! Yesterday afternoon we had fun going through your clothes. I already have a large tote full of clothes that you have outgrown. I really wouldn’t mind if our next baby was a girl because then she could wear all your cute clothes!!! I organized your drawers, re-folded everything and organized your closet too. Organizing your things is one of my favorite things to do. You played on your playmat and we chatted about life.

Last night we got home from being out and I witnessed such a special moment between you and your Daddy. He was changing you on the changing table in your room and just the little lamp was on in the room so it was very dimly lit. You were looking at him with the most adoring eyes and had just a sweet smile on your face. Daddy was just smiling at you and rubbing your cheek gently and you had the most genuine smile I have ever seen and you just looked so happy, which is amazing since you were SO tired. You have such a good daddy and it is clear that you adore him. It was just so cute and special and words can’t really do justice to describe the moment but it was precious.

Okay my little sweet pea. I better get back to work! I just love you so much and am so blessed and honored to be your mama. I hope you are having a fun day today with your daddy. I can’t wait to see your sweet smile when I get home!

Love you,
Mommy

No comments: