Tuesday, August 5, 2008

36 Weeks, 6 lbs 6 oz.

Today we had quite the morning at the hospital. We started with an 8:45 ultrasound appointment to find out how big Miss Emersyn is. She is perfect, 6 lbs 6 oz, 54th percentile. I still can't get over how big she is on the screen. Like, we saw a tiny little foot at the gender ultrasound, now it is like a giant foot in comparison! It was fun to see her moving around. 10am I had a dr. appointment where she checked my cervix and I am 1.5 cm dialated and about 70% effaced. Not too shabby. Her checking was a VERY uncomfortable feeling though, not one I am looking forward to. After that dr. appt. I had a non-stress test where Emersyn was really showing off and being a very very active little girl. She is so cute already. I had a couple contractions on the monitor, nothing significant but enough to be noticable. Everything is going well!

The list is starting to grow of things to get done before baby is born. This week I absolutely need to get the hospital bag packed, which is a fun thing to do! I am getting a photo mat for people to sign at the hospital when they come to visit Emersyn. I thought that would be fun to have and hang in her room, her first visitors! :) That needs to go in the bag, along with lots of other fun stuff. I only have about two weeks left at work, I wish it was less but I don't want to take unpaid time off.

I had such a nice visit with Tiffany this past weekend, I will have to post some cute pics that I got of her little man while she was here. He is too cute and I miss them so much already!!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Birth is definitely more uncomfortable than the checking, but you will manage, like all women before you! If you need some good stories to help get you ready check out Ina May's guide to childbirth. Its very empowering. :) Just think from week 37 on those little ones gain a 1/2 lb./week!