Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thumb Sucker!!

Today at my non-stress test I saw little Emersyn sucking her thumb, such a precious sight. She was sleepy this morning while they were doing the ultrasound, which is unusual for her. Part of the non-stress test is an ultrasound where they measure the fluid around the baby. The other part is where they hook you up to a fetal monitor where they listen to the baby's heartbeat and document it for about 20 minutes and also hook you up to a contraction monitor to see if you are having contractions. It is the same thing that they hook you to when you are in labor. During the 20 minutes, they want to see two good spikes of the heartrate from the baby to make sure she is good an active. When the baby moves, her heartrate goes up, just like in us. Emersyn was trying to take a mid-morning nap, however and wasn't cooperating. SO they had to "buzz" her which was SO funny!! They take this vibrating stick thing that makes a really loud noise when it vibrates and they put it right on my belly and buzzed. It sure did the trick. Her heart started pounding SO much faster and she was kicking the contractions monitor like crazy!!! I felt so bad for her, she clearly was startled!! It was fun though, she is doing great and so am I for the most part. I have started to get some nausea back but the dr. said that is normal at this stage in the pregnancy. I have a huge baby in me and that can upset the stomach. It is so fun getting to see my little girl on the ultrasound screen twice a week though. If I choose to look at my GD situation positively, this is one perk I suppose.

Tonight we are going to look at a mini-van. I am so excited. We really want one for several reasons. One main reason is that my parents will be visiting us often from Minnesota and when they are here, it would be so nice to all be able to fit in one car. Also, we have an SUV right now that gets terrible gas mileage that we are getting rid of. The mini-van gets much better gas mileage and is even roomier. We'll see if we end up minivan owners today!

We finished painting our master bathroom, finally!!! I am excited to get it all put back together and post pics and see what you think. I am happy with how it turned out and we have a lot of paint leftover so we are going to paint the powder bath downstairs the same color, which will look really nice I think. I don't know if we will get to that before the baby comes but maybe.

I start my maternity leave THREE weeks from today! I am SO ready!!

Tomorrow my friend Tiffany is coming to visit!!! I can hardly wait to meet her little baby Riley!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They used that buzzer thing on Riley the first time I went into triage. It is kinda funny. I didn't get to see his response though, so that's cool.