Monday, July 7, 2008

It's July!

The days are flying by and it won't be long before we are a family of three. We are getting really really excited to meet this little girl who seems to be just as anxious to get out, judging by her movements as of late! There are times when I am sitting still that my whole belly will move and shift as if she is trying to get comfy in there! It is fun though, I am enjoying this part of my pregnancy for sure.

I am starting to feel much bigger now, especially at night when I am sleeping. My belly just feels so heavy and I have horrific hip pain, something I was not expecting. But it makes getting up in the mornings much easier, as soon as I get up, my hips don't hurt as bad anyways!

Last weekend, June 29th, I had a baby shower thrown by some dear family friends! Because of the diversity and number of people invited, they decided to do an open house format which worked really well. People came and went and we had a great attendance by some of my friends, some of my mom's and some of Brett's mom's as well!


Some pics to commemorate the event.....








Me with the ladies that threw the shower! I am looking VERY tired at this point, it was a long day but very fun and exciting!!

This is a big year for Tori and I! She is getting married on September 1st, I am due September 4th! Her and her sister Danielle are very much like little sisters to me, they were candlelighters at my wedding!

We got a lot of fun gifts at the shower, mostly adorable clothes!! We also got some gift cards which are a blessing. Our list of items to buy is getting smaller but there are still some big items on there, the two biggest being the stroller and the car seat. We are going to get those at the first of August I think.

We had a fun 4th of July with my parents. We took it easy in the morning, sleeping in which was grand. Then we went over to their house for lunch, then on a little drive to Sauvie's Island to get some produce. I got some yummy Ranier cherries and a cantaloupe. Then we went to NW 23rd and had coffee and went shopping at Pottery Barn and some other places on the strip. We ended the night with a bbq and some great fireworks!

Thursday we had our hospital tour which unfortunately was a joke. Brett and I, along with about 15 other pregnant couples were shuttled into this downstairs conference room at St. Vincent's where we had to watch a "virtual tour". How lame is that?!?!? I was a little irate, seeing as we took a whole evening of our time to look at something that we could have seen on the internet if they had forwarded us a link to it! Oh well.

Tonight we start our "preperation for childbirth" class series. I am excited/nervous!! Monday's are going to be a long day now, working 8:30 to 5:30 and then a 2 hour class but it will be worth it, I am sure. We have these classes for 6 weeks, so it ends in my 38th week.

The weather is heating up again, sad. I enjoyed the few days of milder weather that we had this weekend!

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

girl said...

LAME! You didn't even get to tour the hospital? Wow, I would have been mad too! Have fun at your childbirth classes. I am anxious to hear how they are!

BTW - we need to get together sometime. What is your work schedule like?