Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Monday!

Okay, I am totally starting to hyperventilate when I look at the little countdown thingy on the right side of my blog. Emersyn's arrival is coming up so quickly and while that is SO exciting, the idea of the actual birth still has me a little freaked out. I mean, we are doing all the neccesary preprations but I know that you really can't anticipate exactly what is going to happen. I can just continue to pray and know that God is looking out for me and this little baby that He gave us in the first place! :)
We had a fun weekend! Friday Brett got his teeth cleaned and I went with him and read in the car while he had that done. It was downtown so we figured if I went with him we could run some errands afterwards. We did just that! We went to Babies'R'Us and got our playpen with a 15% off coupon, whoo hoo!This is the Catalina collection. We really like it because it looks nice and is prety gender neutral. We are trying to stay gender neutral with bigger items in case the next baby is a boy!
We also decided on our car seat and it is on order at Segals in Beaverton....




We really like the features of the car seat and wanted to get something that will last at least two kids. We really wanted to get it on Friday but it is backordered and hard to find. That must be a good sign though! The car seat is also nice and gender neutral as well. :)

Friday night I took Brett on a surprise date to go Glow Putt mini golfing downtown! I had walked by this place when I was working downtown last Fall and have been wanting to take Brett there for a long time. It was a lot of fun, we had gone glow putting before in Hawaii and Brett had a blast so I knew he would like this. The best part was that it felt like a real date, not just the usual going to dinner date. It was fun and special knowing that our evenings will soon be occupied by a little baby girl! This is the place we went in case you want something fun to do too sometime! :) http://www.glowinggreens.com/


Saturday I hung out with my parents who graciously bought us our high chair! We LOVE it, it is a genius concept all you soon-to-be mothers!

It is called the Fisher Price Space Saver High chair and it has many cool features. It fully reclines for when you are feeding infants or just want your infant to be at the table with you while you eat. Also, it converts to a booster seat for later! I am all about the long lasting value! Plus, it is only $50, what a deal! :) We also got the CUTEST take home outfit from Gymboree that you have EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to post pics of her in it!!!!!!

Saturday evening we went and hung out with friends of ours that are getting married the same week that Emersyn is due. They just got their first little apartment and it is so cute!

Sunday we went to church and then Brett went to work. I cleaned out our SUV and took pictures so that we could get it listed on Craigslist. It is currently for sale if you know of anyone looking to get a great deal on a nice car! http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/car/762893387.html

This week: birthing class tonight, bridal shower for a friend of mine Tuesday night, coffee with a friend Wednesday morning, Dr. appointment on Thursday and then a comedy club with friends/neighbors Thursday night. It should be a fun week.

My heartburn is getting worse as the days go on. Sad. :( It could be worse though.

Happy Monday everyone!!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Very cool! You are getting so close! If you need some "Labor inspiration" try reading "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" by Ina May Gaskin. It may be a little "hippy dippy," but it really helped me prepare.