Monday, July 14, 2008

A case of the Mondays.....

Mondays are by far my hardest days of the week. I know that is so cliche but it is true. It is the only day that I have to work early and work a full 8 1/2 hour day, which to me is an extra long day being 8 months pregnant. Plus, it is always hard for me to wind down on Sunday nights and get to bed at a reasonable time. Ugh. SO I am keeping myself awake at work by blogging! Why not? :)

We had a nice weekend! Brett got our yard finished over his days off (Thursday and Friday). He bascially ripped out the dying grass in our backyard and decided to just barkdust over it all. Since our yard is so small anyways, the grass was more of a hassle then it was worth and now our dog can go outside and not worry about getting muddy when it rains because of the grass. The only bummer is, because it has been so dry, she tracks the barkdust in our house and I am having to vacuum multiple times a day. I happen to like vacuming though so it could be worse. :) Thursday night we had dinner with some neighbor friends whose baby will be almost exactly a year older then Emersyn will be. It is fun to see her at her age and know that this time next year, our baby will be the same age. It is funny to think how life will be after Emersyn is born, no more waiting for her to get here. I am looking forward to that day!!

Saturday I went to a bridal shower/tea luncheon that was very fun and then to my parents house to hang out with my grandma while my parents were out of town this weekend. Sunday we went to church and then Brett worked in the afternoon while I took a 3 1/2 hour nap!!! I can't believe I slept that long!! I fell asleep on my couch though and realized that because it is so cushy, my hips didn't ache the way they do when I am in bed. I told Brett, if he ever wakes up and I am not in bed, I am passed out downstairs on the couch!! We have a temperpedic topper on our guest bed that we might move into our room for these last weeks of pregnancy. Last night we started to paint our master bathroom, one of the many items on my "to do list" before the baby comes. It seems that the list keeps growing though, more then items being crossed off. We are working on it though! It is hard being so busy and for me, just not having the energy.

I am very excited for my dr. appointment that is one week from Thursday. Hopefully, I can find out more information about a possible induction. It seems like everyone I have heard of or spoken to with the Gestational Diabetes ends up being induced and if that is going to be the case for me, I want to know! My parents will have moved at that point and I want to figure out if my mom needs to change her flight info. I am getting another ultrasound at my 34 week appt. too which will be fun. We haven't seen her since I was 20 weeks which now seems like a long time ago!

Tonight we have our second birthing class. The one last week was really fun and educational. I was pleased. Lots of good information to absorb!

Praying that I make it through the morning and don't fall asleep!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 50 days to go! That's not so many (in reference to your facebook status) really. And that's assuming you don't get induced early. My cousin is 9 days ahead of you...with gestational diabetes as well. She's sure her little girl (Lilly) will be coming early. Just think of all the things you still want to get done...the time will fly!

girl said...

Hope you're Monday got better. I apparently have a case of the Wednesday, because I am completely unmotivated to do anything related to school work. Ha!

I have a birthday pedicure that I need to get done. Want to go get a pedicure with me? Let me know. I have nothing set up, it is just my present from Justin and he wants to make sure I do it and don't spend the money on house or baby stuff. :)