Thursday, July 24, 2008

34 Weeks!

My non-stress test went well today. I started out with an ultrasound and the tech was super nice. She actually took time and showed us parts of the baby when we asked, sometimes they can be really rushed which is no fun. We got to see the side of her little face (SUPER CUTE), her back, her foot and her arm waving at us. She moved around a lot and is in a good head down position. Her lungs are practicing moving which is something they look for. I got hooked up to a fetal heartbeat monitor and contraction monitor, similar to what they do when you are in labor. I am having NO contractions and the baby's heart rate was perfect, it got lower and higher with her movements which is what the dr. wants to see. They give her a "score" for each of these factors, movement, heart rate, etc. Emersyn got a 10 out of 10!! My dr. wants to do a big ultrasound to get the baby's measurements so I have that scheduled on Tuesday, August 5th. So far everything looks good and there is no reason to think that I will be induced. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. :) I have two appointments a week starting next week. Life is going to be busy until her arrival, that is for sure.

I am fine with going to my due date, the only thing that makes me sad is that my dad and grandma are coming into town on the 30th of August for a wedding on the 1st and the baby. If I have her on the 4th, they are scheduled to leave on the 7th which doesn't give them much time. My mom will be here until the end of September which is nice but I wish my dad could get more time with her. There is no sense in worrying about it though, things can change. I just need to be patient which isn't something I am great at!

The good news is, Emersyn looks healthy and that is all that matters!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I hope you "pop" early. I was 13 days late, and thats no fun!

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

Looks like you have picked and bought lots of great things. Baby stuff is so fun!
It was great to see you Tuesday. I hope the next few weeks go smoothly and she arrives in time for your family to get lots of time with her.

Tiffany Ochsner said...

Patti.. I didn't notice your blog in your profile on facebook before! love blogging...although I don't get around to it as much as I used to. I was just reading back on some of your old posts and mostly looking at pictures. I just want to say you seem so amazingly happy, and that makes me happy. you and Brett are super cute together, and he sounds like an amazing husband to you! (hi Brett)
anyway..just thought I'd say hi and keep up the happiness! it looks good on you ;) you look beautiful pregnant by the way, isn't it so much fun! I can't wait for our second :) have a great week.

(oh ya this is Tiffany "rueck" if you didn't know for sure ;))