Monday, June 23, 2008

Back to reality! :)

Yesterday afternoon we got home from our vacation/mission trip with the youth at our church. We took a five hour nap, no joke and still got to bed at a reasonable time last night. We were pooped. The trip was great though, a LOT of driving, but great. Being pregnant and travelling was interesting but fine for the most part. We were so busy, it kept me good and distracted. The only thing that didn't go well was starting Friday night, my ankles and sweet were super swollen, probably due to the heat and being on my feet so much. They were comical looking though, seriously, they didn't even look like they belonged on my body. Brett noticed them when we were walking down a hall and his eyes bugged as he exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, look at your ankles!!!!!!!". It was amusing to us both but I tried hard to keep them elevated. They were swollen pretty much until this morning and today they are fine. I even have my ankle bone back in sight. It was very interesting.

I know I am growing bigger by the week, which is kind of fun but makes sleeping difficult. I wake up with tremendous hip and lower pelvis pain all during the night. I have talked to my dr. about it and she says it is normal really. It is no fun though but I know it will be all worth it. We are only about 8-10 weeks away from seeing our baby girl. It is a surreal feeling, that is for sure. For so long, we were counting down the days until we left for our trip, now all that is left to count down towards is the baby's arrival. We have SO much to do before she gets here. I have a list posted on the fridge to remind us daily and it will be a good feeling to start checking those things off.


On Friday night, we were in Sacramento and we were lucky enough to get together for dinner with my Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle John, Aunt Marti, Aunt Debbie, and cousins Michelle and Joe. They did a little mini baby shower for me and it was really neat. My Aunt Debbie got us some cute clothes from Macy's, all pink which I LOVE!!!!! My Aunt Marti went crazy at the Trumpette store and got us a darling blingged out piggy bank, I will have to take a picture later. Also, some darling ballet baby socks...


They are even cuter in person!!!





We got some other fun stuff too, including this darling sweater/hat combo...





The most special thing that I got though, was a quilt from my Grandma that was made by Emersyn's Great Great Great Grandma. It has been preserved amazingly and I can't wait to see my daughter in it. It will be a family heirloom for a long long time!

I have a baby shower in my honor this Sunday afternoon. I am pretty excited about that!!!!!!!

Happy Monday everyone!!

3 comments:

girl said...

Welcome Home!! That is crazy about your ankles. Eek! I haven't noticed that on me yet, but I am sure it will come. :)

I move home next week!!!! Yay!!! We'll have to get together. I think a definite pre-labor mani/pedi is in order, how about you? :)

Anonymous said...

So are you showing yet? If so we need pics! Love u friend!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tiffany, pictures are a must! :)