Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The day after tomorrow......

We are headed down to So. Cal the DAY after tomorrow, I can hardly believe it. My head is swimming with all that I have to do! It will feel good to get it all done and get on the road. It is a big trip to pack for, 10 days. Lots of clothes and supplies, that is for sure! :)

Some not so pleasant news, my fasting blood sugar levels in the morning have not been consistently good so I have to give myself insulin shots before bed. I just got all the supplies today and did a practice shot with the nurse. Let me tell you, inserting a syringe into my belly was one of the scariest moments ever but I took a deep breath and thought about Emersyn and was able to just do it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Unpleasant yes, but not a big deal. I will have to stay way on top of it during my trip and for the rest of my pregnancy. As far as pregnancy complications go though, I would rather have this then a LOT of other conditions. So far I have had such a nice and easy pregnancy, this is all going to be fine. I have been talking to a girl at my church who had GD with all three of her pregnancies so it is nice to know I am not the only one out there that is or has had to deal with this. Keep praying for Emersyn and I, that we have a safe journey until September 4th or sometime around then! :)

1 comment:

girl said...

Wow, Patti - I will definitely be praying for you. GD is really common, so (as you know) you're not alone. I am sure it is still scary- especially injecting a syringe into your belly. Whew! I think I have to do my gluecose tests in a couple of weeks. Can't say I'm looking forward to it...

I hope you have a fantastic trip! We have taken a bunch of trips with HS and MS age kids and always have a blast! They are such a fun age, as long as you have the right personality to deal with their quirks. I am sure pregnancy could add an interesting twist. :) I will be praying for you with that as well! :)