Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tomorrow's the Big Day!

Well, this is my last blog before becoming a mommy to Miss Emersyn Grace tomorrow! We can hardly wait to meet her and see what kind of a little girl she becomes. I had a dr. appt. this morning and am dilated to a three! I am pretty happy about that and my dr. was ecstatic which makes me feel good as well. All these contractions haven't been for nothing, whoo hoo!

Here is a pic of me and all my 39 weeks of pregnancy. I am lookin' a little tired at this point but what do you expect!!

I haven't hated these last few weeks like I know a lot of women do. I have just tried to soak it all in and know that it is such a special time and I will miss it in a way even when she is born. The feeling of having a baby move around inside you is so special and intimate.

Here I am in our guest room, doing some final laundry and packing. I have her bag 100% packed and mine about 75% packed. I will finish that up tonight and tomorrow morning. It is hard to know what to bring for her in a way, I am sure I overpacked but who cares. Brett will have to carry it all anyways! :) Hee hee, just kidding. Emersyn's stuff is all in the darling pink/brown diaper bag that you can see on the bed and it is pretty full and probably weighs like three pounds because all her stuff is so tiny.

Today my house is being cleaned (Thank you Jesus and Mom!) and then I am going to finish up some final packing details for tomorrow and who knows what else. Brett gets off at 6, we are going to grab something to eat and then head to the airport to get my mom, perhaps stopping by Ikea for a fat free frozen yogurt cone! :)

Wish me luck! Next time I post, there should be pictures of our baby girl included!!!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Well, I am a day off, I totally thought today was Wednesday! Ha ha, dang, thats what happens when you lose a day in flight. Good luck tomorrow! You will be great and just think tomorrow around now, you may even be holding your little girl!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I am praying for a smooth and perfect delivery. You'll do great! I am looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about Emersyn in the next weeks and months, and hopefully years. :) My cousin, who had her little girl a month ago, is being a HORRIBLE blogger. As in she's only posted once and it was without pictures! I'm counting on you to be much better. I know you want her future husband and in-laws to see her so I'm not too worried. :) Enjoy the rest of today as you close this chapter and expect the best in the next!

Anonymous said...

I almost cried reading your blog, I can't believe it's here. It makes me so incredibly sad that I will miss it, I think even more sad than the fact that you weren't here for some reason. I miss and love you so very much friend!

girl said...

I am SOOOO excited for you! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Unknown said...

waiting and waiting for news!!! I hope everything went well- can't wait to hear all about it!