Thursday, August 14, 2008

37 Weeks

My little Emersyn is considered full term now!! I am pretty much ready for her to come, just need to finish up some cleaning at my house. Oh to have a maid for a day! Scrubbing floors on my hands and knees isn't too appealing nor possible really with this belly right now! I am excited for my maternity leave though, I am hoping that some major nesting instincts will kick in and I will go crazy cleaning while Brett is at work. I think right now I am so pooped at the end of the day, cleaning and organizing doesn't sound like much fun. Today is very possibly my last day of work. I will find out more on Monday!

I was pleased with how my chimichanga's turned out last night. They are a a really easy recipe and you almost can't go wrong. I just get a rotisserie chicken from Costco, already cooked, flavorful and super moist! I tear apart the chicken, shred the meat and set aside. Then I sautee an onion until golden brown, toss in the chicken, along with some canned/diced tomatos that have peppers in them. I sprinkle with taco seasoning liberally as well as some oregano. I usually add some extra cumin too but I was out and decided to improvise with the taco seasoning. Then I take the chicken mixture and spoon it into flour tortillas, add some cheese, roll up and place in a glass baking dish, brush with butter, lightly sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes on 450 degrees until they are light brown. They turn out so good every time and are best with rice and beans and some fun garnishes like sour cream, guacomole, salsa, etc. We love mexican food at our house, that is for sure. My family seemed to enjoy it too, my dad ate like 5 of them!! For dessert we had homemade strawberry shortcake. Yumm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh, those do sound good. I may have to try it one of these nights! (When it's not 100 degrees- I am currently avoiding the oven at all costs!)
Congrats on making it "full term!" I can't wait to get there! Bring on the spicy food, long walks, and well... you know the rest :)

Aimee said...

Sounds good. I hope you get the answer you are looking for, but any day now you could be surprised!! You are almost there!!