Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lack of nesting!!! :(

Well, one week from today I will be at St. Vincents, getting ready to give birth to our daughter. I made the mistake of watching some births on YouTube yesterday (DON'T DO IT!!!) and got a little freaked out but I have to remind myself that women do this every day.

I think this week has been a lot for me to take in emotionally. My parents left on Monday and seeing their house empty was more then I could handle. My parents are amazingly supportive people and have been more then we could have ever asked for in parents. They have bought us so many things for Emersyn and more then that, they are just so supportive and positive. I think because I am becoming a parent myself, I see and appreciate that more then ever now and just wish that we didn't have to deal with this but I have to count my blessings that both my parents are healthy, my dad has a good job, and luckily, they have the means to come visit, hopefully often. So, dealing with my parents leaving and the impending changes that surround having a baby have made for a very emotional Patti this week. :) Bless my husband for being so patient and loving with me.

I am desperately wanting some major nesting instincts to kick in but I find myself kind of dawdling (is that a word!?!?) through the day, just waiting for Brett to get home. My mother-in-law is going to come over this afternoon and we are going to go through Emersyn's clothes and get all her 0-3 month stuff washed and get the rest of it sorted by size. That will be fun to get done. Brett is going to help me clean up the house tonight, we are having our neighbors over for dinner tomorrow and the house needs to be presentable. They haven't seen the nursery yet and I want it to be super cute when they do. Not sure what I am going to make for dinner yet. Luckily it isn't so blazing hot here right now, I can use the oven without fear. :) I am a little annoyed though, from what I have heard and read, I should be a nesting machine at this point. What the heck?!?! :)

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I definitely found that my "nesting" instinct came early and then left. I didn't have the energy to "nest" like I wanted to, its ok, I am sure Emersyn won't mind that things are completely perfect.

As far as getting nervous for labor, just take a deep breath, you will do just fine. Go read the book I mentioned, you will feel empowered. Just dawdle (yes its a word) and enjoy the last few days of being completely able to get up and walk out of the house to go somewhere, or sit around it and do nothing!

Aimee said...

That should be Emersyn won't mind that things AREN'T completely perfect (although I am sure they are totally perfect).

girl said...

You crack me up! And don't worry - I won't watch any labor videos. I can't believe people would post those on You Tube!! I understand the nesting issue... I have a dirty house that I REALLY want clean, but I am so tired. I start cleaning, then take a nap, then wait for Justin to get home. :) Oh well, it will happen. Tomorrow we have an ultrasound to see our baby and check out her weight. I think she is a little small, but the doc isn't worried.

I am so excited for you!!! I guess I will just have to wait to see you when Emersyn is in your arms. Let me know when you're up for visitors!

Anonymous said...

I never got the nesting instincts. I kept waiting and waiting and they never came. Some of us just aren't that lucky I guess.