Tuesday, May 8, 2012

UGH!

I'm one to post negative blogs but I need to vent. My heart is hurting for my husband and my mind is full of rage towards these awful women who are mistreating my husband. The punches just keep coming. I must vent.

1) Brett is still at his {old} property, being forced to notify vendors and people he's worked with of the management change. Don't you think that given the circumstances that Brett's manager should be doing that? Do you know how fun it is to send an email saying that you've been demoted? Now granted, that's not what he's telling people...he's telling them that he's going to another property but still, that seems like it's rubbing salt in the wound. He also has to train the girl that replaced him while he goes and takes her job. Also extremely unprofessional.

2) Brett has struggled at his job for the last 6 months due to being understaffed. His manager took away his full time leasing agent (because she said *he didn't need her*) even though the full time leasing agent had already been hired and budgeted for and so as a result Brett was swamped with work and yes, his performance suffered. Anytime he asked about getting the leasing agent back, he got in trouble. He tried to find a compromise and asked that the office hours be changed from 9-6 to 10-6 so that he and his assistant manager could have an hour of admin time in the morning and his manager said no. Brett learned today his old manager hired a full time leasing agent that is starting as soon as Brett leaves AND is changing the leasing office hours to give the new team an admin hour. He is having a really hard time not taking this personally. Actually, he's completely taking it personally and that's why it is so hard. I am so so frustrated because Brett was sabotaged and set up for failure so that this new manager could promote her own girl. Meanwhile my husband has worked his tail off and has a family to support. UGH.

3) Brett is more then capable of being a property manager. Therefore, he will have the same responsibilities at his new property, no doubt, only he'll be making nearly half the salary. Awesome.

I try to just be supportive to Brett and encourage him to not dwell because let's be honest, dwelling and stewing exerts energy that can be better spent other places. But I'm ticked off on his behalf. I know the Lord's plan is in all of this but the devil keeps kicking him while he's down.

I am fully aware that we aren't the only people in our world suffering from demotions, pay cuts, etc. And I do have a good attitude (for the most part). But that doesn't make it any better for our situation. And I get angry at people that hurt people I love.

Okay, enough venting. I just had to express my irritation in a healthy way.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4...........Believing this verse!!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

OH, girl. I am so sorry! I will be praying for Brett! I feel like I'm in a similar position. i am absolutely MISERABLE at work. I cried all night last night. And i cried a little today. I ended up venting to the bank teller (if you saw my FB status!). I am just so completely frustrated. I am doing the work of two people (or more!) & nobody cuts me ANY slack. And yet... everyone else? Oh they can miss deadlines (that cause me to miss deadlines!) all they want. I am so beyond frustrated. And to be honest, growing a little bitter & resentful. I'm mad.

ANYWAY... i will pray for your husband - and for you! I can't believe all that they are doing... especially w/ her hiring an agent & adding the admin hour!!! OMG. Just... wow. :(

OurLittleBlessingS said...

i'm so sorry all of this happening. i think it's ok to vent, your 'mama bear' is coming out and just like our kids, we want to protect our husbands. i'll be praying for you guys-keep trusting in the Lord, He has big things in store for you guys.
jess

OurLittleBlessingS said...

i'm so sorry all of this happening. i think it's ok to vent, your 'mama bear' is coming out and just like our kids, we want to protect our husbands. i'll be praying for you guys-keep trusting in the Lord, He has big things in store for you guys.
jess

LeAnna said...

Ugh, indeed. It's so hard to not want to go knock some sense into peoples brains when they do our Hubby's wrong. I know we've had our fair share of no-pay clients that I've allllmost emailed, but refrained. My hubby never burns his bridges, but I on the other hand don't feel bad about setting them ablaze. ;)

I don't know why people feel it's okay to promote their own, and not think about how it effects the other party involved. It's just selfishness and God WILL deal with them. Praying for you guys!

Unknown said...

I think it is healthy for you to vent!

Brett is such a hard worker, and kind person, I know good things will come his way.

I hope the new change in locations will make things better until he can make a career change or start school.

Hang in there :/. ~S