Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today on Mother's Day I am thankful both for my own mama but for the little ones that made a mama too. I wish I could celebrate with my mom today but we'll just have to postpone our celebration until she comes out to visit in July.

As I grow older, I realize that I am probably more like my mom then I think. I have a love for hospitality, enjoy providing meals to families that need them, love writing cards of encouragement to friends and people that need them....all things that I remember my mom doing as I grew up. She was always quick to volunteer and loved being a part of a community. I am so grateful that she took us to our church, even before my dad was a Christian. If it weren't for my church, I wouldn't be Mrs. Brett Jensen and Emersyn and Everett's mommy. I am thankful that she made faith a priority even when she had to do it on her own.


I am so thankful for my Emersyn Grace. Even though there are days when she makes me want to tear my hair out, I love her sweet spirit and imagination. She is the best of me and the worst of me. She makes me want to be a better person and a woman worth modeling herself after as she grows up.



I am thankful for my precious Everett David, the best surprise ever. The Lord knew I needed a sweet little boy. Silly me, I thought I was only cut out to be a mom to girls. But Everett David has won my heart and I'm just smitten with him.



 I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!! For those of you that I know want to be mama's, I'm praying that by this time next year, you're cuddling your own precious little one too. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope so, too! ;)

Happy mother's day, Patti!! xoxo

MiMi said...

I LOVE YOU MRS. PATRICIA JENSEN!!!
What an honor to be your Mom!!!

Yes, I was taken back that this was the first Mother's Day we haven't spent in 2 years! Sad about my Mom, but sad we weren't together! It really hit me.

Happy we skyped and had laughs with David and Dad!

Love you!