Tuesday, June 26, 2012

School!


Yesterday Brett started his college career and I am SO excited and proud of him. It's hard not to get caught up in the regrets of not pursuing a college education before we had our kids but regrets are a waste of time and energy. The good news is, our kids won't remember this stage of life, at least Everett won't anyways, and by the time they are old enough to really comprehend what is going on, Brett will be done with school. The next 4 or 5 years is going to go by anyways....we may as well have something to show for it. 

Last night we watched Cars 2 as a family right after dinner. We rented it from the library and it is due back today. After the movie, I took Ems to bed and Brett got started on school and he worked on it for three hours. It was a strange feeling for me. There have been many days and nights where I have been the one working on real estate stuff while Brett chilled and played video games or whatever. The tables have turned. I'm excited to make the most of this season in my life too. I am prepared to step it up and serve my husband better then ever by taking care of our kids and our home while he works and goes to school. I'm thankful for online classes so at least he can be home with me in a physical sense but I will miss our evenings together. It's such a small sacrifice though for a bigger and better future. And obviously we've already had our fair share of enjoyable evenings back when we were newlyweds and all our friends were working hard in college. 

I'm so proud of my husband for taking the steps to better our future and I'm going to take advantage of our quiet evenings but reading more and investing in myself as a woman, wife and mother. 

Please keep praying for our family as we make more and more decisions about what direction to take our future....lots of decisions on the horizon. God is good and His faithfulness never ceases to amaze me! 



No comments: