Monday, June 11, 2012

Miscellany Monday





{1}Ever since we got Netflix, I've enjoyed having a show of my own to watch. Brett and I watch most of our shows together and he has a few things that he likes to watch on his own but I don't usually. However, I've found a couple things on Netflix that I liked, such as "Drop Dead Diva" (the title is embarrassing but I loved the show!) and more recently "Ugly Betty". Brett and I actually watched Ugly Betty together back when it was current but then we lost that channel for a time and never got caught up again. I decided to get caught up again and watched the last two seasons and loved it. I was actually really sad when I finished it on Saturday night, waiting for Brett to get home from Seattle. It's sad when you really like a show and it ends....you're left wondering what happens to the characters even though they aren't real. Anyone else feel that way? Oh...and anyone else have some shows on Netflix to recommend? :)

{2} I have now lost 24lbs and am down two pant sizes, how cool is that? It's really fun to try things on and have them fit when I didn't think they would. Yay.

{3} I officially have a crawling baby boy. Emersyn is SO excited for him, it's too cute. She is his biggest fan I think, other then myself. Everett is almost 10 months old and I can't even talk about it. I try to channel my sadness about how quickly he's growing up into ideas for his birthday party. :)

{4} Everett has two teeth. At this same age, Emersyn had EIGHT! Ha! Her food choices were more expansive then Everett's at this point.

{5} Emersyn's room is still a work in progress. Brett is out spraying her bed as I speak. I bought the fabric for her dollhouse and her baby doll bedding. Slowly but surely. How do people find time to do anything other than the basics with a family?

{6} I dream of having a home with a good sized backyard and a pantry. Nothing fancy, just those two things. Here in Oregon we have this lovely thing called an urban growth boundary which makes it so the city can't spread out throughout the entire state which has it's pros and cons. Because of this UGB, lots are expensive and builders tend to build more houses on smaller spaces. As a result, we have a teeny tiny yard. We could have bought an older house with a larger lot but that's not what we picked, regrettably. Anyways, someday I'm excited for God to bless us with a yard big enough to play and entertain in.

{7} I'm obsessed with BBQ chicken salads. I copied the recipe from The Cheesecake Factory. Once we were eating it there and I decided that it was ridiculous to pay $15 for something I could recreate at home. And it's SO good!!!! Here's the recipe!


BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
Boneless Chicken Breasts, 1 per person, Grilled with BBQ Sauce (we marinate the breasts overnight in a little olive oil and BBQ sauce)
Lettuce (I use a mixture of green leaf lettuce and iceberg)
Corn 
Black Beans
Jicama cut into small cubes
Cucumber
Red Onion
Fried Onions (the ones that go on top of green bean casseroles) to garnish on top
Diced Avocado
Tomatos
Use as little or as much of ingredients as you like, you can't go wrong!
Dressing:
equal parts BBQ Sauce & Ranch Dressing (we use Hidden Valley's Light Ranch)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have never watched Ugly Betty. Maybe I will try it? I have been watching Law & Order SVU - a show or two a night. There are a zillion seasons so i just started on season 8. Haha. I love it, even if it is kind of the same plot each time. Haha! I like the characters, though.

But if you're looking for a show to watch, watch Grey's Anatomy!! I really love it! I can't wait for the next season! A lot of people love Parenthood too. I saw it a few times & liked it but somehow missed it for awhile.

YAY for 24 pounds, girl!!! That is awesome!

MiMi said...

Yummy.....I'll have to print this out!
Thank you!