Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Yeah...I can sew...no big deal.... :)

The object of my affection.

So this morning I headed over to my crafty mentor's (Rachelle) house to get my sewing on. I came armed with 80+ inches of 1/4 inch elastic and 3.75 yard of the most darling boyish owl fabric.

Rachelle is a great teacher which is ironic because she actually IS a teacher. She helped me do the hard stuff and then let me go on my merry way. She did all the cutting, which I probably could have handled but since I was entertaining Emersyn it was better that she could focus since her own little munchkin was napping. I can safely say that I did half of this project which included some trouble shooting when the sewing machine wasn't cooperating due to what we later found was user error. This is the tutorial we used, although we modified it slightly because our fabric was only 44 inches wide. I'm SO happy with how it turned out and feel like now I have an itch to sew more things. I thought it was really relaxing. I know it was a VERY simple thing to sew but still, I'd put it in the same category as vacuuming and ironing....a very productive and relaxing thing to do.

Emersyn was such a good helper with Sophia once she woke up from her nap!

The finished product!!
(This is Sophia's crib mattress....Everett's crib is white, the same one we used for Emersyn)

Next project....the crib skirt!! Stay tuned....

4 comments:

LeAnna said...

SO cute! Way to go, girl! I love sewing, it is totally relaxing for me. Can't wait to see what else you do!

Tiffany said...

Yay for fun projects! Great job friend! I'm so glad you have Rachelle to help you! I want to learn to sew too.

Rachelle said...

SO happy that it turned out! And I can totally vouch for you that you did at least half of it....

Momma Hunt said...

How exciting, I have always wanted to learn to sew