The good news: Everett has turned and is no longer breech. I know it's still early in the game to *worry* about his position but the dr. had expressed mild concern at my last appointment and I just like knowing that he is head down where he belongs, even if it means I have little feet lodged in my ribs rather frequently. :)
The not so good news: I had to get the Rhogam shot (for having O- blood) in my bum and I've gained........dun dun dun 18 pounds so far. Bummer. Considering how far along I am, 18lbs isn't bad at all. However, I only gained 19lbs with Emersyn total and I was hoping for that same result this time. Doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I did start out a good 30lbs lighter then when I was pregnant with Ems so that could have something to do with why I didn't gain as much the first time around.
The dr. reiterated that she is happy that I passed my glucose test, however, she said I didn't pass with the flying colors that the nurse had told me. She said that one of my values out of the four was higher then it was supposed to be. She said that if two of the values were higher, I would have the GD but since it was only one, I am fine. Kinda. With that said, I have decided to put myself on a GD diet because 1. it can't hurt, 2. it will help with not gaining as much weight towards the end, and 3. it will start getting me on the right track for losing weight after the baby is born. I think the last time I was pregnant with Emersyn I was so terrified that the GD was going to harm in her in some way that I was REALLY good at sticking to my diet. This time around I don't have that fear so I think I may have been being more liberal with what I eat. Thankfully, this time of year brings great fresh produce to eat and that's what I plan to live on this summer, along with some lean proteins. I'm currently obsessed with those little watermelons. We've eaten like three of them this week, Ems and I can't get enough!
Last night we took the tour at the
I'm still hoping for an induction. I've told some of my friends that who I can tell think I'm crazy but I was induced at 39 weeks with Emersyn and I was already dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced. Obviously my body was ready to go into labor and I never really tried to get it to because my mom arrived on August 26th and I wanted her to be there for the birth. My dr. has said that she will do an induction at 39 weeks IF my cervix is favorable like last time. I am hoping to be induced on the 22nd and have him either that day or the 23rd. That would put his and Emersyn's birthdays 5 or 6 days apart which is better then one day or *gasp* the SAME day. I'm mentally adjusting my due date to August 22nd and that's what I'm planning on for now. I'll know more when the dr. checks me at 37 weeks.
Okay, I think that's it for now.
P.S. Say a prayer for my friend Tyler whose baby is breech. She's farther along then I am and they are already talking c-section. I'm praying that sweet Piper decides to turn around like her buddy Everett!! :)