Thursday, June 9, 2011

28 Weeks

I had my 28 week appointment today.

The good news: Everett has turned and is no longer breech. I know it's still early in the game to *worry* about his position but the dr. had expressed mild concern at my last appointment and I just like knowing that he is head down where he belongs, even if it means I have little feet lodged in my ribs rather frequently. :)

The not so good news: I had to get the Rhogam shot (for having O- blood) in my bum and I've gained........dun dun dun 18 pounds so far. Bummer. Considering how far along I am, 18lbs isn't bad at all. However, I only gained 19lbs with Emersyn total and I was hoping for that same result this time. Doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I did start out a good 30lbs lighter then when I was pregnant with Ems so that could have something to do with why I didn't gain as much the first time around.

The dr. reiterated that she is happy that I passed my glucose test, however, she said I didn't pass with the flying colors that the nurse had told me. She said that one of my values out of the four was higher then it was supposed to be. She said that if two of the values were higher, I would have the GD but since it was only one, I am fine. Kinda. With that said, I have decided to put myself on a GD diet because 1. it can't hurt, 2. it will help with not gaining as much weight towards the end, and 3. it will start getting me on the right track for losing weight after the baby is born. I think the last time I was pregnant with Emersyn I was so terrified that the GD was going to harm in her in some way that I was REALLY good at sticking to my diet. This time around I don't have that fear so I think I may have been being more liberal with what I eat. Thankfully, this time of year brings great fresh produce to eat and that's what I plan to live on this summer, along with some lean proteins. I'm currently obsessed with those little watermelons. We've eaten like three of them this week, Ems and I can't get enough!

Last night we took the tour at the day spa hospital where I'm going to have Everett. It is SO much nicer then the one I had Emersyn at. For one, you get to stay in the SAME room for the ENTIRE process, hallelujah!! At St. V's (where I had E) I had her in a nicer bigger room, then 3 hours or so after I had her I had to be wheeled into another room which was TINY and then like 3 hours after that, wheeled into another room. The postpartum rooms are SO small which really stinks for having visitors and the bed that Brett had to sleep on was so uncomfortable, not that I had a lot of sympathy for him, ha! He even tried to climb into bed with me at one point the night after I had given birth and although it was comical, I was not overly amused. The floors are like a hardwood finish, there's a flat screen TV, mini-fridge, etc. I know it's kinda silly to be all dazzled by these things but trust me, when you check in to a room, it's nice if it's more hotel like then hospital like.

I'm still hoping for an induction. I've told some of my friends that who I can tell think I'm crazy but I was induced at 39 weeks with Emersyn and I was already dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced. Obviously my body was ready to go into labor and I never really tried to get it to because my mom arrived on August 26th and I wanted her to be there for the birth. My dr. has said that she will do an induction at 39 weeks IF my cervix is favorable like last time. I am hoping to be induced on the 22nd and have him either that day or the 23rd. That would put his and Emersyn's birthdays 5 or 6 days apart which is better then one day or *gasp* the SAME day. I'm mentally adjusting my due date to August 22nd and that's what I'm planning on for now. I'll know more when the dr. checks me at 37 weeks.

Okay, I think that's it for now.

P.S. Say a prayer for my friend Tyler whose baby is breech. She's farther along then I am and they are already talking c-section. I'm praying that sweet Piper decides to turn around like her buddy Everett!! :)

4 comments:

Tyler said...

aww! You are the best :) Thank you so much for your prayers... I am very hopeful that little miss will make her big flip very soon!! Thank you again.. I will keep you posted.

Kelly said...

Good luck! My son was head down the last few weeks and then flipped to breech. I ended up having a c-section, because trying to turn his was too painful.
Best wishes!

Melissa said...

So exciting, Patti!!!!! I cannot wait! August is around the corner! :)

That is awesome that you are going to do the diet anyway. Good for you! It definitely can't hurt. :)

And yay, baby everett, for turning!

Love ya! Hugs!

Tiffany said...

I wish I could be there!