Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Linen Closet

I have a rather long list of to-do's before Mr. Everett makes his arrival in 8 or 9 short weeks. Something I've been wanting to do since I started my SAHM career is reorganize my linen closet. It was pretty atrocious. (<--- not gonna lie, I had no idea how to spell that word. thank you spell check, ha!) I feel like I get discouraged when I don't get things done during Emersyn's nap time but let's face it....nap times should be spent relaxing sometimes!! It's like God's gift to us mom's for recharging time. Plus, I forget that I CAN get stuff done when Emersyn's awake, it just might take twice as long. :)

Warning, the following pictures may not be suitable for all eyes.

BEFORE:

(I realize this is not the most exciting blog post material but it's a big deal to me, therefore I blog about it!!)


Oh, the shame.

I usually only end up cleaning my laundry room about 4 times a year and those are usually the times that we have out of town guests. I figure the odds of them using my W&D are pretty good so I better spruce the area up. I feel so fortunate to even have a laundry room, I need to take better care of it. The room is such a blank canvas too. It might be fun to put up some bulletin boards in there with some lists or verses or something. We'll see after the nursery and Emersyn's room is all done.

AFTER:


Ahhhhhh. Serenity now.

So that's what the top of the dryer looks like. Who knew??

I got rid of a LOT of junk towels, sheets, pillowcases, etc. I also sorted out all the seasonal towels that are on top. I think I might get a tupperware to put them in so they are kept in one spot. I actually have a decent collection of seasonal linens, aren't I such a grown up??

And what was Miss Emersyn up to while I was doing all of this?

Why, putting about 20 diapers on her baby, then wadding them up and throwing them into the hall pretending they are dirty. NO clue where she gets that from!

So, at the end of my day I have an organized linen closet/laundry room. I still need to clean the surfaces but that can wait.

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments: