Friday, July 16, 2010

Nest!!!!

A couple months ago we made a hanging basket as a family, remember? Well, in the last couple of weeks I have noticed a sweet little bird flying out of it when I go to water it. Then I started to see some random pieces of straw stuck in the hanging basket and realized that perhaps this bird is trying to make a nest. Well, today we took a peek in the basket and guess what we saw?

EGGS!!!! See them?? Teeny, tiny blue eggs.

Can I just tell you how excited I was?? And the strange thing is, I felt flattered in a way. Like how kind of the bird to have chosen our hanging basket. Almost to the point of feeling like I needed to make a casserole or something to welcome our little houseguest/yardguest. Hee hee. It doesn't take much to thrill me people.

Brett was equally excited which makes me happy. He ran to take the pictures while I got Emersyn ready for dinner and then he had a good idea of calling a bird place tomorrow to make sure that we don't harm the eggs by fertilizing the hanging basket like we did today before we saw the nest. Hopefully that doesn't affect them. Kinda fun, huh?


Here's the mama, watching us peek at her nest. We formally welcomed her and assured her that her stay on our property would be a pleasant one.

Becoming a mother has made me weird.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

LOVE THIS!!! So sweet! Do you read Laura's blog? She is at Life Happens? She recently had a bird's nest with eggs & she posted when they were born & everything! It was so cute! I'll have to send you the link, you would love it! This is precious!!! :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a beautiful family....
Its a very rainy day here so blog hopping is the perfect activity. Hope you will visit me...I have a great giveaway that I am drawing for Sunday.
Teresa

sister sheri said...

Okay... so we practically had matching posts on this one!