Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wink Wink!

Do you think the Lord ever winks at you? I do! Just little things that God does to remind you that He is near.....like today I was at the coffee shop near the farmer's market and I just had unpacked all of Emersyn's stuff and got us settled into a table. The barista calls out my bagel and I gave her this pitiful "is there anyway you could bring it to this side of the coffee shop since my baby and I are all settled" look, which she ignored and motioned with her head for me to come get my bagel. Then, all the sudden a friend says, "Hey Patti" and he is sitting across from us, I hadn't even noticed him. He watched Ems while I went and got my bagel. This may not be big to you but it was to me. Little winks that say that God has got my back. Also, Brett's manager told him that he can have tomorrow off since Labor Day falls on his normally scheduled work day. I had been so bummed because our church is having this big family picnic and I wasn't going to go by myself. Now Brett gets to go with us!!!! Thank you Lord, wink wink!!

Now, onto other exciting topics... :)

Several weeks ago, a friend wrote on her blog that she needed someone to pick up a bag of produce for her at a local farmer's market while her and her family were camping. I agreed, thinking that any excuse to to the farmer's market is a good one! I love getting out early on the weekends too, even though I am not always the best at doing it.

I did not anticipate the tsunami like conditions that were going to accompany me to the farmer's market this morning! :)

I loaded up Emersyn into the car, found the rain cover that goes with my stroller and we headed out. It was SOAKING wet!! The only umbrella I could find was a giant golf one and I was met with several unfriendly looks as I poked people left and right with my offensively large umbrella. I grabbed the produce bag and then we headed back to the car. Not a morning to have a leisurely stroll.

I LOVE Fall. It is truly my favorite season. If you look at my house, you will see my love of Fall everywhere. My home has rich colors, lots of warm browns, rust oranges, yellows...*sigh*. It is a perfectly themed home for the Fall; come Spring though, I am usually ready for some new colors so I try to infuse them where I can.

I haven't quite embraced Fall yet since we are going to Hawaii next week. I figured when I get home from Hawaii, that will be the time to usher Fall in. I might get out some decorations before we leave though to welcome me when we get back. :)

I am looking forward to the new season. Brett and I have committed to becoming more involved with our church. We have taken a season of time away for quite awhile and we really sense the Lord prompting us to get back involved. I am joining choir again, whoo hoo! We are also going to be involved with our Young Adult's ministry in Sunday nights. I am going to be participating in a Tuesday morning women's Bible Study as well, studying the life of Esther. I get overwhelmed at being busy, yet it is when I am the most happy. I want to start establishing patterns early of being a good example to Emersyn and having the Lord and His church at the center of our lives.

Today I am going to clean up the downstairs, do some laundry and then make chimichanga's for dinner tonight. We are going to hang out with the Kaushal's; it has been too long!! Hopefully Emersyn gets a good nap!

Happy Saturday everyone!!

7 comments:

LeAnna said...

The Lord is so good to provide us with the small little signs that say He cares. What great testimonies they become! I used to sing in the choir at Church, that's kind of a roundabout way how I met my husband. Only, he didn't sing, he sat in the balcony and spied me there. :P

Katie said...

That's a very busy schedule, but I know you'll do just fine! Is the Esther Bible study a Beth Moore one? If so, I think I've done it.

You must be so excited about Hawaii! I've never been there, but I've always wanted to go.

Post the chimichanga recipe!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

that was just like reading a nice newsy letter from a close friend...

I hope you have a wonderful three day weekend girl.

I'm doing Beth Moore's Ester in a few weeks!! Is that the same one?

Have fun in Hawaii... I love it there... sigh.

sister sheri said...

I think
the Lord winks
as I pray
as the hose kinks.

Anonymous said...

That was a very cheery blog entry...thanks friend!

Jocelyn said...

I'm with ya Patti...I LOVE fall and the farmer's market.

Thanks for being a great example to those who do not yet find themselves filling the roles of wife and mother. In God's timing, I'll join you :-)

For now, I'll keep seeking encouragement from strong, Christian women such as yourself.

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii. I hope it brings your family even closer together and renews each of you for the season ahead :-)

Kim said...

Sounds wonderful Patti! I as well would LOVE to get involved with our church and join a Sunday school class, the only problem is, my husband doesn't like to comunicate, and I don't want to be the only married person there without hubs! Sigh, pray for us!

I'm so glad Fall is rolling in! I love it!

I can't wait to here about your vacation! Sounds like lots of fun!