Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday Tid-Bits

*We are now officially Oregon Zoo members!! We got a promo in the mail for a great membership deal, $59 for 14 months. We figure that we should make it a goal to go to the zoo once a month. It is fun to have a place to walk around, plus, as Emersyn gets older she will appreciate the animals. We are very excited. We haven't taken Emersyn yet so that is another first milestone that will be fun to capture!!
*Emersyn loves dancing these days. She hears ANY music and starts grooving. Her favorite is the "Veggie Tales" theme song. When it comes on she starts waving and Bob and Larry and then shaking her booty and laughing. She is so cute.
*Emersyn has started throwing mini tantrums and darn it if I can't help but laugh. Last night she was trying to play with the nightlight in her room that is plugged in. I told her no and she did her devastated crying face and then crawled over to cuddle. Then she went right back to the nightlight and this time when I said no, she looked right at me and didn't care. So I went over and took her hand away gently, said "this isn't for babies" and she did her Shrek face (where she shows me all her teeth) and whined and then went right back to the nightlight. This time I gently flicked her palm and said no again and she started bawling again. So dramatic. She throws fits at resteraunts now too, lovely. If we aren't feeding her fast enough, she will scream in between bites. Like high pitched makes my ears bleed screaming. SO naughty. This baby to toddler transition is very.....interesting.
*We went to the NIKE employee store the other night and got Ems her first pair of official walking shoes! She has tiny feet for her age, 3.5. That is funny to me considering how tall she has been so far, I wonder if her growth has slowed down. We have her one year appointment the week we get back from our trip. We got her one pair of size 4's that will help her learn how to walk and then a pair of size 5's that are the "Shox" kind. Love it!!!!

Okay, I think that those are all the tidbits that I have for ya! Happy Thursday!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Ahh, it's a fun transition (that's sarcasm there)!Which dress did you get Emersyn and when do you all leave for Hawaii? I bet you're so excited!

girl said...

Oh, Friend - we have to get together soon!! We are going through the exact same stuff over here!! Yesterday I was eating my sandwich while holding Ellie (I was just walking around getting stuff done...I don't normally hold her while eating). Anyway, when I ate the last bite she threw a tantrum and kept pointing at my mouth. She would have taken my half-eaten sandwich if I had let her. But, I didn't, so she got MAD. It must be a red-head thing. Surely, we're not like that! :)

Anonymous said...

you 'gently flicked' her palm? interesting tactic. what approach will you take when more serious issues arise? there will be countless more situations such as the one you described. would flicking palms escalate? please think about this.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Congrats on the zoo membership!! You'll get so much use out of it.

sister sheri said...

Wow! I love the parenting advice from someone who is too embarassed to admit who they are... Great job offering any solutions, too. Oh, gee, they didn't offer any! ~ Don't forget that you can delete any comment you chose.

The zoo membership is a great idea. What I liked about the membership is that I felt it was okay to just go and spend an hour or two at a time. Long days at the zoo aren't my thing. So it was a great option.