Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to my best friend!!!!

Whenever milestones or celebrations occur, I always feel pressured to write some creative and clever blog post. But honestly, when I stop to reflect on the celebration or milestone, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude and love that words escape me. I do want to wish my sweet husband a very happy birthday though! I am planning a celebration for later in the week since we are going to church this evening.

Brett, you are the best friend and husband a girl could ask for. I have loved growing with you as new parents this last year and learning to appreciate you as our daughters Daddy. I couldn't ask for a better partner in life. You make me laugh, you encourage me, you put mine and Emersyn's needs above your own, and are a wonderful example of a Godly man. If we ever have a son, I hope he will inherit many of his Daddy's traits. I love you sweetie!!!!!

In other news....

This week was mostly spent catching up from our vacation. We had our house cleaned before we left for Hawaii and it was the BEST thing we have ever done for ourselves!! Normally, our house is a disaster right before a vacation from the rush of packing, etc. Since it was deep cleaned before we left, we returned home to a sparkly clean house and it made coming home much more enjoyable. Plus, I feel like it gave me a fresh start. I have been keeping the house clean, making our bed (I am guilty of not doing this hardly at all but Brett loves it so I am trying to do it every day), and we have been eating better. We both really want to get healthier so when I got home, I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on fresh produce. Emersyn has a really healthy diet, we need to eat more like she does really! She mostly eats fruits, veggies, chicken, etc. I am going to introduce her to fish soon since it has some great benefits.

Emersyn had her one year Dr. appointment on Friday, even though she will be 13 months tomorrow. She weighs 22lbs, 3oz. which is the 50th percentile. She is 30.5 inches which 90th percentile and apparently she has an unusually large noggin' because it is in the 95th percentile!!! I guess that means her brain is big which means she is going to be a genius! :)

She is turning into a toddler before our eyes now. She is really understanding us now. She can point to things in books, like a banana. We are working on more things. It is so hard to gage where she "should" be, but I think we are being dilligent and doing our best. I have started reading to her in the bathtub where she will pay a little more attention. She likes to stand on the edge of the tub while I read but occasionally I ask her to sit down and she does, which is so cute to me. She is just like this littler person now, when did that happen!?!?!

I started back up in choir last week but we didn't make it to church this morning. Emersyn was exhausted and slept in until 10:30am!!!! She even went to bed early last night. I didn't feel right getting her up, I don't want her immunities to get down and get sick. Sometimes you have to go with your mommy intuition.

I am starting up with our ladies Bible Study on Tuesday, studying Esther. I am so so so excited. I think Beth Moore is anointed and I am excited to learn more about Esther.

Emersyn's "nanny" went back to school last week so I am again faced with the challenge of finding three days of childcare. I know that God will provide. I have considered different options and prayed for peace and I believe that the Lord will send the right person my way. If any of my local blog friends know of any college students or mama's that want to hang out with a sweet one year old, let me know!

Well, I hope everyone is having a wonderful Fall day! And Brett, I can't wait to celebrate your last birthday in your 20's this week, I have something up my sleeve!! XOXOXOXO

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love hearing (reading) about you and Brett, it always make me believe in true love :)

I hope everything works out with the finding someone to watch Emersyn, I'm sure it will. My mom worked until I was 4 and I had the same babysitter the entire time. She was an old friend of my Mema's and I still see her and her husband as much as I can. They became like a third set of grandparents, but it was just a fluke that I ended up with them because they moved back to Richmond just a week before my mom's maternity leave was up. She hadn't found anyone that she said she'd "leave her dog with" and she was getting so worried about what was going to happen. But it all worked out in the best way possible and I know that's what's going to happen with you guys :)

Ellie said...

I would love to hang out with your sweet girl, if only we lived closer to eachother!

sister sheri said...

So... what exactly was up your sleeve?

Unknown said...

Matt messed up his days off. He told me he had Wed-Friday off starting on Oct. 10th....come to find out he actually has Tuesday-Thursday off. So I can commit to every Monday to watch Emerson if that works for you. Let me know. The kids would love to hang out with her!