Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hawaiian Vacation Continued.....

Emersyn totally judges me for taking too many pictures of her. Hee hee.

On our way to the Smith Family Luau. We suffered through a timeshare presentation for it but got it for free! It is normally $78 per person which is a little spendy but I can handle free!!


I have never seen so many peacocks in one place. Beautiful creatures!

I love tram tours; I am such a tourist. I love hearing all about the plants and gardens and fun facts about the luau family history.


We sat by a really nice couple from Philly and chatted all during dinner with them! It's so fun to meet new people and hear about different parts of the nation. I was so glad to sit by people who were chatty like we are! :)


This was the cute old man who is a second generation "Smith". "Smith" isn't even their real name, they just call themselves that because it is easier to remember then their Hawaiian names. Clever!
Luau men digging up the kalua pig that is baking in the ground!!

Lots of smoke!

Ta da!

Entertainment during the amazing feast!



The luau was one of the highlights of our trip for sure!



There are roosters and chickens EVERYWHERE!!!! Apparently when the big hurricane hit this island back in the late 80's, it took out the chicken coops and now they are overtaking the island!! They "cock-a-doodle-doo" all the time too, not just in the morning. There was one rooster who was determined to wake me up EVERY night at like 3am. I almost went and bought a bee bee gun so I could take him out!!!!
Yummy shaved ice place!


We split this yummy strawberry, coconut and pineapple shaved ice. Delicious!

Sleepy seal on Poipou beach.

The seal was protected by a rope and this sign!

This is what happens when babies get bored in restaurants.

Sharing spaghetti with Grammy. She needed a bath that night, for sure!!

Yeah, I planned us matching on purpose. :)



Emersyn loved sleeping in my parents bed for her naps. My mom started calling her "Queenie Em" because princess just didn't quite seem good enough. So cute.

To be continued..... :)

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

Ahh, the pictures are just gorgeous. What kind of camera do you use? I want Santa Clause to bring me a new one, and I've been asking around. :) My parents said the Luau was one of their favorite things too! I got rid of my rooster for that very reason, crowing too early in the morning. Not that it helped, because the people behind us have a chicken fetish and their roosters crow at all hours of the morning...we just kinda get used to it I guess.

sister sheri said...

Love love love all the photos and your stories! What a trip of a lifetime!