Sunday, August 23, 2009

Party time!

It's officially Emersyn's first birthday party day today! I am up late, doing what I usually do before a big event: procrastinating.

I LOVE entertaining but it also stresses me out. I just want everyone to have a nice time and really be able to reflect on the amazing miracle that our sweet Emersyn Grace is.

I picked up my mom from the airport this afternoon and since she got here, we have been in major party planning mode. Cupcakes are baking; presents are being wrapped (they are the centerpieces of the three long picnic tables under the pavilion); and I am mentally making and re-making lists of things to do.

Tomorrow morning we need to go pick up the cake, order balloons, and load up the car. The nice thing about not having the event at our house is that we don't have to frantically clean on top of planning. The downside is, you have to pack up and take everything with you.

Well, Brett needs my help with the centerpieces. Gotta run! Wish us luck!

Kim, I hope Hunter's party goes FANTASTIC too!!!! :)


5 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow! Doesn't the year fly by? Crazy!! Happy Birthday Emersyn!

A New England Girl said...

Awww, a year already! How wonderful. :) Happy birthday to your little doll! I hope you guys have a fantastic time with the party.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

cant wait to see and hear about the details!!!

sister sheri said...

Looking forward to alllll the pictures of the princess!

Kim said...

Aw! Thanks Pattie!!!! It went great, just got to wait to post photos tomorrow! (I forgot camera at work today) :(