Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Naughty Blogger

Dear Blog,

It's Patti, remember me? I used to write you a lot more frequently but then this lady in a green BMW decided to run a red light and spun my van AND my world around! It's not as fun to sit at the computer these days, so much in fact that I am not even working right now. (Although I am still a wife and mama and that is a lot of work in itself).

What have I been up to, you ask? Well, I have been trying to take it easy. But you know me, that isn't easy. My chiropractor, Dr. B, asked if it was possible for me to take a nap during the day! Ha! Even if it were possible, I am a rare napper. It is too hard to sleep with the laundry piles calling my name. Dr. B said that he sensed that I am "tightly wound" and need to learn to be a little easier on myself. Me???? I think that is funny because in a lot of ways I am a little uptight but in more ways I think I am pretty laid back. Being uptight is not helping my neck pain, however so perhaps I will take the Dr's advice and "unwind" a bit.

What else have I been up to? Well, we took Emersyn to the county fair for the first time. It was......okay. I was so excited to see all the animals. But I forgot how smelly and dirty they are. And I was excited for a corn dog. But I forgot how greasy they are. But overall, it was fun and the admission was free, just $5 for parking. I can handle that!


My sweaty little baby. It was around 90 at the fair but we stayed in the shade and drank lots of water to keep hydrated! Side note: Emersyn can fit into Old Navy's 12-18 month size now, I can hardly believe it. I find that Old Navy's stuff runs kind of small and Baby GAP stuff runs big. Emersyn has some summer stuff from
Baby GAP that is 12-18 months and it is HUGE on her. Strange.

Not a good choice. I don't want to talk about it. :)


Showing Emersyn the chickens.


Poor baby, she is teething like crazy. She has had a constant runny nose, fever at times, whiny, over all just fussy. It is confusing at times, one moment it seems like she has a cold, the next it just seems like teething. Either way, it makes her Mama sad! :(


Had to take a picture of this. This sign is right before you go into the cow exhibit, isn't that funny? Kind of ironic anyways....

Tuesday night we joined our friends and neighbors at Cannon Beach for dinner and a bonfire. I love that about Portland. You are only about 90 minutes from the ocean and 90 minutes from the snow and mountains. Since we live in a western suburb of Portland, we are just a little over an hour from the beach.

The beach was overcast but pleasant and Emersyn had a lot of fun in the sand. Maddie is 4 and just loves Emersyn, it is really cute. Her parents and Brett went on a walk with the other kids and I decided to stay behind with Emersyn and play in the sand. Sherrie, her mom, asked Maddie if she wanted to stay with me and Maddie said...."umm...I want to stay with Emersyn". It was cute. Maddie is great with her and keeps her entertained, which I enjoy!





So you can see, dear blog, I have been busy making fun memories with my family which has caused me to neglect you. I know you understand though, after all, that is what this blog is all about!

I will leave you with a cute Emersyn fact: Emersyn has a beloved stuffed monkey, Twin. Whenever she gives him kisses, I always say "awwwwww". So now when Emersyn kisses Twin, she goes "awwwwww". Go ahead.....I know your thinking it........."awwwww". SO cute. :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

lol, AWWW!!! :-] too cute! I completely understand your blogging! We've all been there & done that! :)
That's funny about Emersyn's clothes, Hunter has been in a 12-18 mths for a while now, lol, almost! But of course he is bigger than Em! :)

(Hunter says "Pow" to every deer head he sees now. lol)

A New England Girl said...

Your daughter is too precious!!! Looks like you guys have been having a great time, although I do hope you start to feel better from the accident! It must be so tough to slow down when you have a little one and so much to do... but take it as easy as you can!! :)

Shannon said...

I just found your blog.

I hooe you feel better soon. Your pics from the fair are cute. Are yuo a scrapbooker? Anyway, Hope you stop by sometime {:)

Blessings,

Shannon

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about my blog. I was so excited to have my new lap top so I could blog more and that hasn't happended. Once we can get the camera back from my parents I'll do one about our new house and my sisters trip, but until then I don't have any pics to go with. Thanks for the update friend. Sorry you still aren't feeling well. TAKE A NAP!