Monday, August 9, 2010

Miscellany Monday

{1} This weekend I both ironed my husband's work shirts and painted my own toenails. These are tasks that I used to believe should be done entirely by professionals. I am starting to think otherwise *gasp*. I haven't gotten a single pedicure this summer, unheard of for me. It's not because I haven't wanted one, more a lack of time and child care. I am hoping to get one this month though.


{2} I actually kinda liked ironing Brett's shirts. The iron and ironing board was already set up in our guest room from when I ironed a dress of Emersyn's on Saturday and as I hung up Brett's very wrinkled wrinkle free shirts, I decided to press them and be a good wife. I found ironing to be kind of relaxing, similarly to vacuuming. It was rather time consuming though which surprised me. While I ironed his shirts, I prayed that he would get promoted soon. :)


{3} If you ask Emersyn where she wants to go, she will say "Starbucks!!!".


{4} PF Changs Happy Hour is amazing. I love love love me some lettuce wraps.


{5} I really really really love my husband and daughter. They are my favorite.


{6} I haven't Shredded like I said I was going to in my other blog. Naughty. I had a sinus infection though so that's the excuse I am going to go with.


{7} I feel like I am really behind on certain things in life. Anyone else ever feel like that? I need to catch up on emails, reading, ministry stuff, etc.


{8} Miscellaneous picture. Emersyn did this herself and thought it was hilarious. I agreed.Tell me this doesn't make you smile. I dare you. Also, disregard the laundry on the floor. This was like the day after we got home from our trip.


Happy Monday!!!



5 comments:

Tyler said...

How cute.. she is soo sweet :) My hubby wishes I thought ironing was relaxing ;) I do NOT like to iron.. just not even a little bit! Oh well I do it because I love him.. hope you have a great week girl. Can't wait to hear all about that birthday party

Melissa said...

She is so cute! & you are the woman! IRONING! I hate it!! I always say i'll get a pro to do it if i have to! I never have... somehow Brad's shirt don't wrinkle too bad! But man i hate to iron!

I also cannot give myself pedi's. I figure when i'm thinner i can??? I painted my toes this weekend but it is a very bad job! LOL.

KellyW said...

I have a friend who finds ironing so therapeutic that she irons EVERYTHING. I mean, sheets, her 3 kids' clothes before school every day..and she's a teacher. NOT ME...lol! I loathe the iron. I love the pic of Emersyn. So cute! What a little stinker!

Mrs. Buck said...

Ironing is one of my most hated chores - but I also dont want to spend the money to have someone else do it - I need to get a better system in place!

Love that pic of your daughter - so funny!

sister sheri said...

My sister-in-law loves ironing... she has some lavendar spray or something she uses on the sheets!

Hey, if you need childcare... my services are available!