Monday, August 2, 2010

Minnesota Highlights!

Well, here it is. Every blogger has one in the summer. The good old fashioned picture overloaded vacation post!! Enjoy!!

My parent's neighborhood had a really cool community center area with a playground and POOL!!! The pool was big too, very enjoyable!!!

The perfect way to spend the afternoon!!


Emersyn's first pony ride at the Scott County Fair in MN. Here I am trying to hold her on the horse and get my phone out of my pocket to take a picture, hee hee.

The pony ride was soooo sweet. Emersyn loved it. When she got off she said, "more horsey, more horsey!!"

Enjoying a fruit smoothie at the fair!


Ems loved all the tractors and wanted me to buckle her into this one.

Tuesdays are "Toddler Tuesday" at the Mall of America. For $10, Ems and a parent could ride any of the little kid rides unlimited for three hours. Score!!! Brett and Emersyn rode every single little kid ride there was; probably about 8 total. It was sooooo cute!




On our date night getaway, we drove by this sculpture garden and I knew I wanted to come back and get some pics with Emersyn. The cherry water feature is so cool!!!


On our last night in MN, we went to the Macaroni Grill to celebrate my Gigi's birthday which is coming up this week. After dinner we took some pics.

Emersyn's roaring face.


I love my family and miss them so much!!

After dinner, it was time for birthday cake at home!

The afternoon before we left, Gigi gave Emersyn her very first Cabbage Patch doll. Very sweet. They had fun playing with her and brushing her hair.

Emersyn decided to water Grandpa's plants right before we left too.

We had SUCH a great time on our visit and felt like we had a great mix of relaxing, going out and about, and getting some quality time in with my parents and Grandma. Emersyn really loves my parents; it's cute. Even though they live far away, she is very connected to them and it doesn't take her long to warm up at all. Her favorite games while we were there were getting on my mom's recliner when she wasn't looking and then my mom would come attack her with tickles and it was their fun little game. Emersyn would do the same thing on my parents bed, go and "steal" their pillows and then get attacked with tickles. I loved hearing her giggle hysterically with my mom and dad, makes my heart happy.

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

Love all the photos! Looks like Ems hair is getting long. What a sweet family!