My brother is getting married on Friday. 95% of me is ecstatic for him, the other 5% does realize that things will never quite be the same between us. David really struggled when I got married. He was a Junior in High School and in his eyes, his older friend Brett had come in and stolen his big sister. It didn't go over well initially but as David grew up, him and Brett became as close as real life brothers and the three of us have shared many a fun memory. I am excited to add his fiance Jenny to these memories from this moment on. (Wink wink Jenny, hee hee).
I feel like I should have some wise older sisterly marriage advice to give them but in so many ways, I STILL feel like I am figuring marriage out even after SEVEN years!
So, while I gather MY thoughts I thought I would ask you, bloggy friends, for any marriage advice that YOU have found to be tried and true over the past however many years that you have been married. I will compile any responses I get into one big post (hopefully it's big if enough of you respond) and perhaps print it off for the future Mr. & Mrs. David Green. Should be interesting. :) If you want to leave anonymous/private advice, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will pass the advice on your behalf anonymously. :)
Should be kinda fun! Thanks for playing along, even if it is just a word or two. It's fun to hear everyones little pearls of wisdom in life, after all, isn't that what community is for? :)