Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mt Hood Railroad Excursion 2012


Last weekend we headed up to the Mt. Hood Railroad which is about 90 minutes from our house. We were ready and in the Starbucks drive thru by 8am..I was pretty impressed! :) 

We got to the train and it was a bit more *rustic* then I was expecting. The train car that we were in was from the late 50's and I'm pretty sure the seats and flooring was all original, hee hee. I slowly began to understand why the tickets were so cheap on Groupon.... ;) 



 We rode the train for F.O.U.R hours with one 15 minute stop at this *fruit museum* (that had rat traps all over the outside of it, eeew) and lunch stop. We glanced in the museum and then decided to take advantage of the fact that we were near cool railroad tracks and take some pictures of the kids instead. It was the highlight of the trip for me, getting the pictures!








 After the lunch stop we went and sat with our friends who were randomly on the same trip that we were. It was fun getting to chat with them on the way back and made it more bearable. The train went at a top speed of about 15 mph, no joke. I had envisioned more of a real train ride.



Emersyn and Mattea had fun playing with our phones. Normally I wouldn't let Emersyn be on a phone and have her enjoy looking outside but I was so stinkin' bored; I figured she was too. ;) 

It was an adventure to say the least but definitely a once in a lifetime experience for the Jensen's! :) 

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Sorry it wasn't more like you expected. We did a Thomas the Train thing there and I was not impressed! Total bummer because it seems like they could make it so much better.

Melissa said...

Aw, sorry it wasn't what you had hoped!! Love the pics, though! :)